Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted in the Suzuki thread, I am leaning towards purchasing a sportbike. See:

http://www.sportbikeworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27408

After spending another afternoon sitting on all the different bikes I have narrowed down my choices to the F4i and the R6. Of the two, the looks of the F4i impress me the most. There are two reasons why I eliminated the larger bikes. Among them are that I am too short and the dealers all seem to think that a 600 is all the bike you really need for Arkansas roads (do they make more money off the sale of 600s?)

I have several questions that are Arkansas specific:

1.) Do you know of a dealer that allows short test rides? (I'm an experienced rider, see my other thread.)

2.) How much did you pay for your F4i or R6?

3.) Who is your insurance carrier?

4.) Would you mind sharing your age and rate?

The best quote I have received for a one year policy with full coverage and a $500 deductible is $1600. My driving/riding record is spotless, being 24 seems to be killing me.

Any responses regarding insurance or the two bikes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Farmer's on Merril Drive in West Little Rock is fairly reasonable. I'm 26 and did have a spotless record and I pay $520 for my ZX9R. You do have to have your car with them as well but they did a good price on that as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TheFog said:
Farmer's on Merril Drive in West Little Rock is fairly reasonable. I'm 26 and did have a spotless record and I pay $520 for my ZX9R. You do have to have your car with them as well but they did a good price on that as well.
Are you referring to State Farm or Farmer's Insurance Group? I haven't been to a State Farm in that are but I did try Farmer's Insurance Group 6 months ago with my Marauder and they wanted over $800 per year. I pay less than $400 per year for full coverage from Progressive.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Famer's Insurance. I did find it can very a lot between different offices as they write most of their policy at the offices. I was 25 when I got my policy but I think that's also where the biggest drop in prices is.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Clutch, I got my bike from Action Honda in Bentonville. I am not sure what their test ride policy might be but they have been good to deal with. Insurance with State Farm cost me less than $300 per year but I am in the ever popular over (just) 40 group.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it just sucks to be me. :( I don't want a sportbike bad enough that I am willing to pay double the insurance I would be paying 9 months from now. I'll just start throwing money back for when I do turn 25.
Thanks for the information, guys. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts