Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, this is just a fairly general arizona question - i want to move away from where i am (AL) and arizona looks like a fun place, where would people that live there suggest going? i'd be finding a nice apartment place (maybe some suggestions), i want an apartment like the one i was looking at here, 1, 2, or 3 bedroom with a loft (i have to have 2 floors, or i'll go insane) and hopefully somewhere with covered parking. any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
when are you plannign your move? right now it's real hot. it all depends on how much you are plannig to spen on rent. you can find a cheap place but you won't have a place to put your bike.

·
Registered
306 Posts
anyone know anything about Bullhead?
I had an opportunity to live there. How's the riding likely to be.
Here in Alaska, I'm close to a lot of different terrains....kinda a plus

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Bullhead is a very small town, that's about all I know.

CMD, you're going to want to look for a townhouse out here. (That's what they call duplexes and condos in AZ). Check Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Ahwatukee, North Phoenix, Peoria and Scottsdale for decent Phoenix-area listings.

I don't know much about Tucson or Flagstaff but they are the two other large-ish cities in this state. Flag gets 4 seasons of weather, Tucson is very similar to Phoenix in that it's hot as hell in the summer and (compared to what you're used to) nice in the winter. We don't really experience fall or spring here.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I assume when you say Bullhead, you mean Bullhead City. That's the hottest place in Arizona, my friend. I don't know if you'd like it. Of course, it IS a DRY heat. :)

But seriously, a good place to start looking would be forrent.com they have all the apts/condos avail. everywhere in the U.S.! The website also gives floorplans, etc. It's very helpful. I've been using it to find an apartment in San Diego. Good luck!

·
Registered
363 Posts
about 2 years ago I moved out here from NYC, and i love it. The heat doesnt bother me, like they said its a dry heat. I first moved out to Tempe and then got an apartment in mesa, now we bought a house in Mesa, the closing date is on the 27th of this month!!! I love it out here... I use to try and ride all year out in NYC, but spring rain and winter snow would stop me... the only bad riding weather out here is about 4-6am in the winter... its freezing... but at about 9-11am it get warmer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts