Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to do the blinker mod in the tutorial section to my 929 and got a little confused :confused: . From the looks of it, our blinkers are the same; but picture #4 and step 7 have me confused. You mentioned having a bolt and a screw...I just have a screw. Did you take the bolt out of the rubber part somehow? The picture looks like you have a washer then bolt mounted on the blinker? I ended up using the screw only to mount the blinker. It moved quite a bit and the screw would get stuck on the opening for the spacer. My biggest problem is on the right side my trunk lock is too close to the blinker to get a screwdriver in there to tighten it down. I need to be able to use a bolt so I can get a wrench in there like the stock set-up.

I hope I didn't confuse you too bad with my explanation. By the way, how's the new bike search going?

------------------
Clark

[This message has been edited by RUG BURN (edited July 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
549 Posts
Clark, I'm not Arif, but I have done my turn signals the same way Arif has, so I'll try to help you. I may just confuse you, but here goes:

As far as a bolt and screw. I believe he means a NUT and screw. That confused me too when I did mine. What Arif did was put the nut as a spacer with the screw going through it, but I couldn't do that on mine, it didn't allow the screw to go far enough into the plastic on the signal and it wouldn't hold. The way I did mine was to leave the nuts totally out and just screw the screw into the plastic signal where it originally came out from. You cannot take the bolt out of the rubber piece.

Second, my seat lock got in the way a little bit too. I ended up using a long, skinny screwdriver to tighten it as best as I could. The signals are still a tiny bit loose and I'm not totally happy with them, but they don't move at all and I just check them periodically. My husband suggested going around the base of the signals where they meet the fender with some black silicone and I just might do that. It would just help to snug them up a bit.

Next project: Tackle the front signals. I've been putting that one off.

Now it's my turn to say that I hope I didn't confuse you!

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
130 Posts
Clark, sorry for not replying earlier. :(
it seems like not all the F4's have the same setup as far as the screws go. i know some people for whom the instructions needed to be somewhat adapted slightly. i have not had a chance to look at my instructions but as soon as i am able to i will tell you what needs to be done ASAP!! just bear with my buddy...kinda crazy on my end :D

Stacia, thanks for the reply to Clark :) ;)
thanks for covering the fort while i have been busy...will email you today...

talk to you guys soon....

----------
arif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts