Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was kind of curious if anyone had any luck with chatterboxes or other brands like them. Who has the best prices? Do they really work well? Actually I wish someone would explain to me how they work. How many people are able to use them? Any input would be great. Thanks.

------------------

·
Registered
405 Posts
Look in "Sport Touring" under "bike communication" for the answers to your questions. It was started there before the "Sportbike Gear" forum was started.

------------------
Dave
Too many curves...so little time

·
Registered
206 Posts
My wife and I have them, and they work OK. They are not great, but they are the best ones I have heard of. I love that it gives me the ability to communicate with my wife, but I get some noise from kids using the little walkie talkie units. The speakers cause a little ear pain, but nothing that can't be managed. All in all it is good.

------------------
Colin
FloridaSportbikers
My Home Page

·
Registered
938 Posts
A friend and I just bought a pair in time to use them for our annual trip to Mid Ohio for the race. I must say that we were extremely happy with them. In fact, we wondered why we had ridden without them for so long. It makes it so much easier to let each other know when one needs to stop for gas, food, potty breaks..etc. Plus, it beats talking to yourself for long periods of time.

Ours have the voice activated mic.(VOX), which transmits when you are speaking. They also came with a push to talk button, which we found was easier to use. With the VOX, we had to keep making adjustments to the sensitivty according to our speed. I think the 2 mile range listed on the box is a bit of a stretch, realistically ours were good to about a 1.5 mile distance. And yes, we did get occasional interference from other transmitters, but switching channels on the chatterbox usually remedied the problem :).

------------------
http://gsxr750.sportbikeworld.com -Almost finished!
Formerly known as GSXR750

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just wondering if any of these items have a audio input? I used to use those little earpieces to plug into a radio for long rides where I knew there would be radio stations? Just wondering, it's been a while since I've ridden and wondering what is out there?

Xert
Waiting on a loan, 00 ZX6R

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts