Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading this and that about electronic Speedometer being wrong? is this really the case?

is the speedo healer is the preferred one???

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I ordered a speedo healer last week so I should get it soon. I'll let you know how it works out. I mainly got it to correct my odometer though, I'm racking up an extra .2 miles for every mile I actually ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thanks bro...I was reading somehow they where off but i didn't know for sure...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
On their (speedo healers) website they have a calculator and based on what you've done to your bike (sprocket changes etc, or just adjust for stock inaccuracy) they tell you how to program it. :thumb: I'm going to optimize it for odometer and then take it out on the highway and see how it matches with mile markers.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well I just got it and installed it. It was a piece of cake to install, all I had to do was remove the right fairing to access the speed sensor coupling. Plug it in and program the box and you're good to go. I just took it out on the highway to check the odometer (I optimized the correction for odometer reading, but you can optimize it to correct speedo, or average of both) and it was almost 100% accurate with the mile markers. Previously I had been gaining more the 0.2 miles extra for every actual mile I rode. It corrected the speedo too, but I imagine that it's still a little off since I optimized it for the odometer. There was only about a 5% difference between the two anyway.

Oh, and it has a really neat gimmick. If you press the button on the box, it recalls the top speed you've gone since installing the speedo healer. You can also reset it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts