Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned a 2001 Aprilia Futura in Flame Red for several months. It is without a doubt the best bike I have owned in over thirty years of riding.

Mechanically, the machine is a marvel; and the style of the thing and it's pearlized metallic orange paint, stops people in their tracks.

Unfortuneately, there are noticeable patches of small flaws buried
under the clear coat; almost like minute stress cracks. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Flame Red color, or am I just lucky?

Tim D.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have the color you're talking about, if not something similar. No problems here, it is flawless (except for the scratches I put in it :( ) btw, welcome to SBW.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome, Tim. That's what we need around here, more posts from Aprilia guys. :D :D

I know exactly the color you mean and it is beautiful, especially out in the sun. I was going to buy that color Falco, went back to the dealership a few days later and they had sold it. Got the blue one instead. It looks good too (supposedly a newer version than the tangerine colored ones with improved FI mapping, or maybe the dealer was just trying to make me feel better.)

I have had no problems with the paint on my bike though it does seem to rub a bit too easily at the back of the tank. Haven't been able to find any kind of tank bra yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts