Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Run, don't walk, to your nearest Aprilia dealer and check out the schedule for Aprilia's Demo Days. I was at Thunderhill Raceway in Northern California last week taking photos at their demo days, and wangled rides on a Mille and a Falco. Very nice bikes, if you like twins.

The Mille is an awesome track toy. Aprilia had the speedo taped over, so I'm not sure how fast I was going, but I saw 10k RPM at the end of the front straight every lap. Hell, I even passed Chuck Sorenson in Turn 6 one lap. He saw me in his mirrors, moved over, and waved me by. Of course, if you ask Chuck he'll probably tell you he was leading a novice rider around the track.

The Falco was pretty impressive too, but not really meant for track use. I was dragging the pegs hard in turns 11 and 15, and only hit 10k in fourth at the end of the front straight. Still, the Falco is a viable choice for someone looking for a sport touring bike. I prefer my Triumph, as the triple is quite a bit smoother.

But that Mille could tempt me if I ever get the money. Just wish they'd had some RS250s on hand to demo. Those damn things buzz by me every time I get on the track, even with lesser riders than Chuckie on them. I heard a rumor in the pits that Aprilia is working on a 750 twin to stuff into the RS250 chassis. That might be just the ticket to get me to part with some cash.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Thanks for the info, photobug! I'm going to check with the local dealer today.

If Aprilia wedged a 750 Twin into the RS250 chassis, I'd be the first in line. That's awesome!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice bike

I was down in FLA for the fourth of July and stopped by the local Aprilia/Moto Guzzi dealer and took a look at the RSX 1000 Futura. Damn, that bike is even better in person!!!! It isn't even the same planet as my CBR, of course i had to take it for a test drive and that thing is sooooo smooooth it makes my bike seem like it has an elecrtic motor in it instead of a four-stroke engine. It will be my next bike, of course the only thing i left with was a Aprilia racing mouse pad. Now i can dream while i work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts