1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
updated: ride tomorrow saturday 3/26

EDIT/UPDATE!!!!
ok, ride tomorrow saturday 3/29
meet time: 12:30 at k-mart at 18 and dequindre, then 1pm at meijer on rochester rd and m59
meeting place: some ppl can meet over by my place (18 and dequindre), then we'll meet up with others at the meijer's on rochester rd and m59 at 1:00pm.
rideing too: 1st leg will be the orion rd loop, then off to commerce rd and surounding area.

this is open to any and all ppl wanting to ride.

there is a gas station at the meijers. please make sure you are topped off of fuel.

if you need to get ahold of me for any reason, give me a call at 586.216.5095. ill remove my number after the ride tomorrow.

yes, i know its only going to be in the mid/low 40*'s, but with the added sun they are forcasting it should be ok to put some miles on the bikes and burn up that nasty tank of gas with the sta-bil inside it. and yes i know im a week early and michigan weatehr changes hourly, but i want to ride more than i rode yesterday (12 miles).

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
yes, i know its only going to be in the mid/low 40*'s, but with the added sun they are forcasting it should be ok to put some miles on the bikes and burn up that nasty tank of gas with the sta-bil inside it. and yes i know im a week early and michigan weatehr changes hourly, but i want to ride more than i rode yesterday (12 miles).
I am going to hold out for a few weeks. I know, I'm a wimp, but I'm also old, and my bones get brittle. If it ends up being real nice, I might try to ride to the officers mtg on Saturday, but its doubtful.

Jon

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
ya i'm in - oh wait, i thought you meant sleds nevermind... :laughing:
Yeah,
No doubt.
Knowing MI... It's probably gonna be freezing rain sat, 5 inches of snow sun,
and 60 degrees n sunny on monday....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah,
No doubt.
Knowing MI... It's probably gonna be freezing rain sat, 5 inches of snow sun,
and 60 degrees n sunny on monday....:rolleyes:
thanks for jinxing me Duner :twofinger lol
im actually trying for a sunday ride. saturday im going to try and get my suspension set-up (unlike my attempts last saturday with all the snow we got on friday.
i just want to really try out my new sprocket and chain swap. but i can say one thing, i lOVE my new digital gear indicator :D

i was thinking of hitting up orchard lake rd, and the surounding roads out that way. nothing too fast into the corners, just a nice ride to get the cobwebs off and to burn off all the sta-bil in the fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Stay away from Orchard Lake Road, it will swallow your motorcycle.:mad: Orachard Lake Road busted the rear struts in my STi.:cussing;
Agreed, I've lost a tire already.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just checked this hour's weekend forecarst (its about 10:20 pm)... It seems like like its gonna be cold (40's both days)... I am staying home and running my bike inside my garage to burn off my stinky gas... :twofinger

·
Registered
29 Posts
cold weather blues

waaa! its gonna be in the 40's an I don know if my tires are set up for cold weather:dunno: here in in Az the weather is always good for ridin get off yur arse and fire up the rice burner an getr er on the road. itll do ya good:thumbs2:

·
Registered
443 Posts
waaa! its gonna be in the 40's an I don know if my tires are set up for cold weather:dunno: here in in Az the weather is always good for ridin get off yur arse and fire up the rice burner an getr er on the road. itll do ya good:thumbs2:

Come and visit Detroit during this time a year... then you can comment on the riding on our cold weather... :moon:

·
Registered
29 Posts
tooo cold

in years past ive ridin with 2 ft of snow along side dry roads just to get out of town. if the blacktop is dry, get er on the road. its all about mental wellness:thumbs2:

·
Registered
443 Posts
in years past ive ridin with 2 ft of snow along side dry roads just to get out of town. if the blacktop is dry, get er on the road. its all about mental wellness:thumbs2:
Its really not just about the cold... it has to do with the broken pavement, salt and/or sand on the roads. Combine that with cold tires, slow responce from being cold... and well... I hope you understand my point. Does that make me a wimp... well in some people's eyes maybe... but I like to keep my bike in one piece... and my pride... Instead... I will just clean my bike again... maybe install my new windscreen... maybe I will go to the local supermarket and ride the penny bike.... :moon:

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Its really not just about the cold... it has to do with the broken pavement, salt and/or sand on the roads. QUOTE]

And all the broken up road rocks getting flung outta peoples tires at your bike and head at 55 miles per hour or more with combined directions mphs.:2cents:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Jane, I new I could always count on you to tell the truth!!! :twofinger
Just paypal me $100, I'll get you all the dirt you need to hush her up :D

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Its really not just about the cold... it has to do with the broken pavement, salt and/or sand on the roads. Combine that with cold tires, slow responce from being cold... and well... I hope you understand my point. Does that make me a wimp... well in some people's eyes maybe... but I like to keep my bike in one piece... and my pride... Instead... I will just clean my bike again... maybe install my new windscreen... maybe I will go to the local supermarket and ride the penny bike.... :moon:
+1 well said.

I am always willing to ride in the cold. Among all the salt, sand, dirt, and rocks left over from the winter, there are still the slicks of ice left over from melting snow piles.

At a minimum I'll hit the expressways just to spread the wings a bit. But I stay off of the surface streets until at least April/May. We still need one or two good rains to get rid of the rest of the snow and the rest of the salt and and sand.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
(.....looks at charge card in wallet)

Like.............freaky dirt, or just dirt?:D
regular dirt, $100
freaky dirt dependent and degree of freaky :eyebrows:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts