Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like spring might be here finally. We had a nice rain last night and it's supposed to be mid 50's on Saturday. I've got to get my new tires put on in the AM and want to scrub them in. I should be ready by noonish. Anybody down?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Looks like spring might be here finally. We had a nice rain last night and it's supposed to be mid 50's on Saturday. I've got to get my new tires put on in the AM and want to scrub them in. I should be ready by noonish. Anybody down?
I have to put new plugs in the Z-rex, and I will probably want to blow the dust off her, but I will more than likely stay out on the west side, and hit the "loop". I have no idea what time I will head out either. If anyone wants to do that, give me a call or shoot me a PM by like Wednesday ot Thursday, and I may know more.

Jon

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Jgreen,

I'd be interested in doing the loop now that I have the bike back together. I can't do Saturday and I know they are calling for rain at the moment on Sunday, so it might not work out anyway. I'll check the weather Friday and see what you're planning then.
Sounds goo Nelson. I will keep a lookout too. All are welcome!

Jon

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sounds goo Nelson. I will keep a lookout too. All are welcome!

Jon
I might give it a go depending on the weather... :cool: And I get all my chores done... and my wife lets me come out and play!!!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Don, a saturday ride sounds good. im donw for riding where ever, locally or if you feel like hitting the AA loop. and if you have never ridden the infamous AA (ann arbor) loop, its really fun. a bunch of decent twisties to quench your thirst from not at the track. just dont go over your limits there like some dsb guys unfortunately did last year. we dont want anyone getting hurt or wadding up any bikes.

i am going ot be stopping at L7 at 9:30am sat morning to have scott set my suspension up. after that ill be down for a ride.

and dont lose or misplace your key Don :)

nelson, maby we can all meet up and ride out. i still get lost riding to the AA meeting spot. but we should watch the time. i dont want to do a hr+ freeway ride home in the cold.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I might give it a go depending on the weather... :cool: And I get all my chores done... and my wife lets me come out and play!!!

chores, blah. they are over rated anyways man. lol

time to really scrub in those tires marc.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
According to Nelson's post, he cannot go riding on Sat. But he can on Sunday.

As of the 7pm forecast tonight, Jerry Hodak says that Sunday might actually be the nicer day. Strange how these things shift around.

Sat, 30% chance of rain, Sunday, 54 and mostly sunny.

We will see what the wknd brings.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don, a saturday ride sounds good. im donw for riding where ever, locally or if you feel like hitting the AA loop. and if you have never ridden the infamous AA (ann arbor) loop, its really fun. a bunch of decent twisties to quench your thirst from not at the track. just dont go over your limits there like some dsb guys unfortunately did last year. we dont want anyone getting hurt or wadding up any bikes.

i am going ot be stopping at L7 at 9:30am sat morning to have scott set my suspension up. after that ill be down for a ride.

and dont lose or misplace your key Don :)

nelson, maby we can all meet up and ride out. i still get lost riding to the AA meeting spot. but we should watch the time. i dont want to do a hr+ freeway ride home in the cold.
Lol, I found my key in the washer yesterday. I swear I checked through all my pants. Oh well, now I have 3 keys :D....I might ride locally for a few miles before hitting the loop. Never been on it, but I hear it's a good ride. I only put 1,000 miles on it last year plus the winter, so I'm a bit rusty. Plus I'm going to have brand new tires as of Saturday too. Like I said, I'll be ready at noonish.

·
Registered
845 Posts
my bike is still in pieces :( , but thanks to NateDog's good news I should't have to continue to take stuff apart and can now order the parts and start getting her back together. you all have fun this weekend tho

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Its lookin shakey for me too. I still have to do the plugs and change the oil on the Kawi. Shouldn't take long to do, but the end of my week is filling up fast.

I'll prolly make it happen though, cause I wanna get out and ride.

Jon

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
sundays looking like a great day to ride everyone. ill still be out and about saturday, in the am ill be at L7 letting scott dial in the suspension.

jon, no drinking excuses this time man. :)
nelson, webb, don, steve (you up for a ride man?), nate, nathan, lets go for a ride. maby hit AA or somewhere local. i dont wanna get caught in AA when the sun starts going down. it will make for a reall cold ass ride home on the freeway.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Ok I got my boots today (Thanks Nick)so I can ride, as long as the weather holds out I'll be riding a little over on the westside. I don't plan on getting crazy at all cause it's still early, more just cruise around see how the roads are. Dave if you want to ride out that way hit me up when your done getting a tune up. I don't plan on riding all day, still got the paper plate, but I gotta break it in and change the oil. Guess I'll be out that way sat, not sure on sunday yet.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Sunday is looking real good. Sunny and 58 degrees. I agree with Nate, no point in trying to drag a knee yet. I will make sure the ZRX is ready to go, and I'll be there.

I was thinking of meeting at 23 and N. Territorial, at the usual spot (BP), and that will give it a chance to warm up a little first. We can ride for a few hours, and still have some warmth to ride home with.

Opinions??

Jon

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sunday is looking real good. Sunny and 58 degrees. I agree with Nate, no point in trying to drag a knee yet. I will make sure the ZRX is ready to go, and I'll be there.

I was thinking of meeting at 23 and N. Territorial, at the usual spot (BP), and that will give it a chance to warm up a little first. We can ride for a few hours, and still have some warmth to ride home with.

Opinions??

Jon
I thought the "usual" meeting place was the shell?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it after all. We have a road captains meeting at 11AM in Royal Oak, so it doesn't make too much sense to run out to the West Side ahead of time, and I've got to be back home around 2PM to go out with the wife. Perhaps Webb and company can meet up with you guys afterwards though.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
This is what I'm doing

OK! I will be at the gas station on the west side of US 23 and N. Territorial on Sunday at 12:30, and be ready to ride by 1:00. I don't exactly know "The Loop", but I can get us good and lost out there (just kidding). It will be an easy ride, just getting familiar with the bike again, but ride at your owm pace.

East Siders, take 696 West. Continue on to I-96 West to US-23. Take US-23 South to N. Territorial Rd. Exit, turn right, and left into the gas station.

We can gas up there and make a few stops along the way if needed. I will plan on riding for a few hours, and then heading home befor it gets too cold.

I will be on a Green Kawasaki ZRX 1200, and have on Black Jacket and Pants. I'm a short fat guy with a big head. Not cocky, literally a big head.

If anyone wants to meet up, or needs more info, give me a call or PM, or just show up by 12:30.

Jon
734-748-3555

1 - 20 of 65 Posts