Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so any of you guys/girls up for a group ride this weekend? i have 2 or 3 friends say they might be interested in riding this weekend, not counting any of you guys. and the weather looks to be great. high of maby 60* and sunny/partly sunny skies.

destination-- unknown.
--- but liked the video of a couple of you riding 23 and teritorial area. looked like alot of fun. so thinking of around that area.

date: this sat (4/21) and/or sunday (4/22)

time: tbd

meeting place: tbd

so what do you guys/girls think. anyone up for a ride?

dave

give me a call if your interested in going

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
DemonRR said:
so any of you guys/girls up for a group ride this weekend? i have 2 or 3 friends say they might be interested in riding this weekend, not counting any of you guys. and the weather looks to be great. high of maby 60* and sunny/partly sunny skies.

destination-- unknown.
--- but liked the video of a couple of you riding 23 and teritorial area. looked like alot of fun.

date: this sat (4/21) and/or sunday (4/22)

time: tbd

meeting place: tbd

so what do you guys/girls think. anyone up for a ride?

dave
well thanks for the offer but we have a club meeting on Saturday. You should come and do the ride after. stats at 10am (some of us are riding there) and shoudl end around noon (enough time for a good 3-4 hour ride.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'll be up in Bay City riding with a few friends from the Saginaw area this weekend. :burnout:

If anyone else is going to be up that way let me know by hitting me up on my cell. (734)355-4227 _ Randy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thumb Ride Saturday...

A couple of us are doing the thumb ride this Saturday at 7:00AM leaving Clarkston heading all the way up M24 to the 25 (Lakeshore drive) round the thumb and down to Port Huron and head home via the 69 West (Cannon Ball Style) back to M24 and home, about 260 miles, we're not in a hurry and we'll be stopping for lunch and some scenic spots. Should be a ton of fun, anyone interested let me know.:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Saturday stuff

Shit..... I just started a new job (in retail again) and of course I have to work on Saturdays.:mad:

I just have to keep saying to myself: Thank god I have a job

·
Registered
966 Posts
Re: Thumb Ride Saturday...

wallbanger101 said:
A couple of us are doing the thumb ride this Saturday at 7:00AM leaving Clarkston heading all the way up M24 to the 25 (Lakeshore drive) round the thumb and down to Port Huron and head home via the 69 West (Cannon Ball Style) back to M24 and home, about 260 miles, we're not in a hurry and we'll be stopping for lunch and some scenic spots. Should be a ton of fun, anyone interested let me know.:D
We tried this run last year about this time. Even though it is going to be nice out, the water temps on huron are still very low. If you get an onshore breeze it will be very cold. Expect a 20 degree drop by the water. The day we went there also was so much fog you couldnt see anything. If you go, have fun and be careful. If it were me, I'd wait another month to take that route. :2cents:

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Re: Re: Thumb Ride Saturday...

GPZRider said:
We tried this run last year about this time. Even though it is going to be nice out, the water temps on huron are still very low. If you get an onshore breeze it will be very cold. Expect a 20 degree drop by the water. The day we went there also was so much fog you couldnt see anything. If you go, have fun and be careful. If it were me, I'd wait another month to take that route. :2cents:
Heck yeah,
The temps just dropped like a rock this evening at soccer practice, like 20 degrees in two hours.......:crying:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
turtleracer said:
Where/ when you riding Sunday?
im meeting my friend at 14 and woodward area around 10-10:30am, then heading out to farmington to meet another guy, then heading out to 23 and N territorial area to hit some good roads out that way. the other guys and a chick are meeting us in that area about noon or so. you guys are more than welcome to join us. all of us are good responsible riders and not squids.

give me a call if your interested in going. 586.216.5095

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would love to join you guys- but unfortunataly I sold my bike last week!:crying: :( I can't get a new one quite yet- so bummed! So I will be riding bitch for a while! Anyone hit me up if ya don't mind me taggin on the back!:D :p

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
holy $hit..you guys missed out on a great ride. only 3 of us rode, including turtleracer (by the way, nice riding w/ya man). we hit ann arbor area, jackson and lansing. tons of nice sweeping curves thruought the whole ride (thanks to bike mounted gps), sharp curves and a couple horse shit piles you had to dodge. lol

anyways, great time. hope to do it again next weekend.

and wicked kitty, you can ride on back anytime. :)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
DemonRR said:
sharp curves and a couple horse shit piles you had to dodge. lol

[/B]
:laughing: We were on the same road and saw the same horse shit in the middle of that turn...LOL :thumb: Didn't expect that!!

Jen

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lmao, yup almost ran it over. that would have been bad especially it was right before the turn. did you see the old man standing there waving people to slow down. lol i just waved.

where did you guys/girls ride out to?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I couldn't give you exact directions because I was just following Gary but I do know that we went out to 23 and N Territorial, had lunch at that Clear Lake Bar restaurant......man, sorry I'm so vague!! I was just enjoying the ride! ;)

Jen

1 - 20 of 23 Posts