Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i get your opinions of switching from inline 4 to twins and back again.

why the switch to and back?

ive done all the research possible about how a twin rides, pros and cons of a twin and I4.

i personally have only hours of exp on a twin, that revved to only 6500, but have a 17000 miles of exp on a 750 I4.. :D

thanks guys..

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and this is not "which is better"

had enough of those posts already...:rolleyes: :p :cool:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think I'm going to switch from 4's to twins on my next bike. I hear that it's easier to go from 4's to a twin than it is from a twin to a 4. Anyone else heard this? We'll see.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Hmmm, do I qualify?

I went from I4 to V4 back to I4 and I have a Twin cruiser and have ridden a TLR, Ducati, RC51......

IMO, overall I like the I4 better due to the free-er reving motor and higher redline. I like the rumble and stuff of the V, but if I had to choose only one it would be a I4.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Well

Back in the late sixties I started out on singles, excessive vibration drove me fairly quickly to twins. Then started getting interested in some fours then tried a six, then back to fours a couple more twins. Finally the last six have been singles again.

Light Torquey Bikes Rule the Twistys. I love bikes that weigh Under 300 lbs Fully Gassed, I feel I can wrestle 272 pounds easier than 400+ pounds. :twofinger

It all depends where and how you ride.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts