Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this r6 they have(http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/2/8/54158828.htm )? Is it worth going to check out/ the price? I`ll probly just head down myself tomorrow since its not that far, but I figured I`d save some gas and time if someone else was already down there and happened to check it out.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
you need to watch that stuff. They say runs and drives in alot of their ads. I went up there to look at a different one with a friend of mine that sounded real good. All cosmetic stuff, but when we looked at it, the frame/swingarm must have been bent. It was hard to tell what it was, but the wheels werent even close to being lined up right.

·
Registered
68 Posts
They have a few R6's there......My friend just bought one and I think that its the one you had in that link. They got a nice gixxer 1000 for $4700, doesn't need much.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xlh883 said:
you need to watch that stuff. They say runs and drives in alot of their ads. I went up there to look at a different one with a friend of mine that sounded real good. All cosmetic stuff, but when we looked at it, the frame/swingarm must have been bent. It was hard to tell what it was, but the wheels werent even close to being lined up right.
I went up there to check out a 93 zx6 when I was first looking for a bike, it said runs fine, cosmetic damage, and looked good in the pic, but I went up and it was missing a left grip, shifter lever, wires were hanging out of the dash, etc. Thats why I wondered if anyone saw this one. I`d check on the GSXR, but I don`t like suzukis, and I don`t think I`m ready for that big of a bike. Ah well, the search continues. I found a few on cycletrader, but they seem kind of iffy... 01 and an 03 with less than 1000 miles (900 on the 01, and 300 on the 03) for like $3,300-$3,700. I emailed both of them, so hopefully they have a legit story for selling them so cheap, but I`m not getting my hopes up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was very PO'd the only time i went up there. I feel they tried to pull a fast one on my friend.. told him all about this bike... which wasn't at all like they had described...
I would advise you to save the gas money...
youd be better off with a VESPA than to buy something from them

just an opinion

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im not very familiar with the ins and outs of the japanese bikes, but they do catch my interest. I have also thought about picking up a boneyard one and rebuilding it. The thing im not sure of though is what are the majority of their frames made from and what is the likelyhood that the frame was bent in an accident?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went up and bought a Progressive rear shock for my FZR, asked if it would be returnable if it was blown. He told me yes and when I went back becouse it was blown he told me to FU** myself.
They are some real ASSHOLES!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I saw one come in while I was there about a month back. Some kid was trying to get rid of it and the bike did not look bad at all. All I know is, for a wrecked bike, they ask for to much. I did not get bad customer service when I was there, but I can not say it was the friendliest either and I did see some people get treated like they were trash. Good thing I happened to have the tools needed in my car too, f&%kers could not find the tools needed for taking the extra parts off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had someone down there looking at it. It has like 4200 miles on it. Needs Mirror and peg and bracket and lever. Anyways both sides have road rash but all there. They have the parts to fix it. They said $50.00 for parts. Starts and runs sounds good still. Doesn't appear to have been down too hard.Why don't they just put the parts on and be done with it? Might be an ok track bike. They said first $3500.00 takes it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That is probably the one I saw brought in there, it was totally cosmetic with minor repairs to be done......actually still looked alright for being down

·
Registered
227 Posts
Make sure the tranny is not bad, second gear gose out of r6's all the time it is a well known problem and expensive fix. You can get the same condition bike out of philly for around $2,500. If you want a track bike goto roadracer.com and they always have cheap race ready bikes. You can find race ready saftey wired f3 and f2 for $2,000 and up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was just out at cycle recyclers, saw the R6 and heard some kid out there say that he knows of the bike before it got to cycle's and that it does have tranny problems. Cycle's says it don't but like I said I think the kid there knew the history before the bike got there. Just a heads up on that bike.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I`m not looking for a track bike. I`ve heard about the tranny problems also, but never heard of it being a problem on EVERY r6. I`ve found ones relativly cheap that havn`t been laid down, I was just curious about this one. I`ve still got to sell my car and current bike before I can get something else, anyway. Thankfully I finally got a job to help with things also ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts