Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I've seen one at a dealership, can't remember which one. There have been lot's and lot's of articles in different magazines about them.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Sorry, but that's :barf: . I don't like the look of it at all. Totally loses the cool look of the front of a bike. That centre section looks more like a sled or an oooooooold sidecar.

I'll pass, but to each their own.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
t-rex's are sweet.

this can-am trike looks very underpowered to me....74 lbft and 106 hp....screw that. id wipe my @$$ with 15g before i'd pay for this until they refine it better. i think the looks are killer though personally, people would see it and be like "WTF is that?!?!?"

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i take it you guys dont like it:D

well imma go test ride one today at lunch...I'll give a report as to how it went....i saw them testing these things down at the dragon.....they seemed to handle quite well

·
Registered
44 Posts
Personally I don't like it. Many reason's play a factor in why!

First being that it is far underpowered for the price. A 990 pushing out 106hp? My GSXR600 does that.

Another being that it does look like a snowmobile on wheels.

And it's a knock off of the T-Rex.

I wonder, can you do a wheelie?

I dunno It could have been much better with decent HP. I just dont think that the cost - power ratio is even worth taking a glimpse at.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ok...here it is in a nutshell...the thing is way overengineered for your safety but that doesnt mean it wont do 120mph....cause i did....it feels like youre seadooing through concrete...thats the only way i can describe it....it is very kool and very comfortable...now back to my previous statement about safety....when you hit a hard corner on it, it cuts the power to the motor and allows you to turn without getting on two wheels....i tore that thing up...the guy they send with you on your test ride was very kool and let me hammer the thing...at any rate...it would be great as a second vehicle but for a one bike guy, i dont think so...very fun and because of its sedoo appearance, you underestimate that it is in fact a beast....it rips all the way up to 120 and has more left but the speedo stops at 200kph (120mph)....and the brakes are off the chain as well...i went from 100mph to 0 in what seemed like no time at all...it feels more powerful than what the numbers are saying as well....its more of a linear powerband that what youd expect.....it'll rip a holeshot from hell but it wont hook up on the road or it would definatley pull the front end up for sure....very kool ride

·
Registered
237 Posts
i've thrown myself off enough waverunners to know this thing would not end well in my posession

1 - 14 of 14 Posts