Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont feel like joining 100 forums and then trying to remember my login info and what not, so Ill post this here...

A friend of mine and I are trying to design a website and I want a custom cursor, but I dont know how to write the script... or even if my vision is possible without something like Flash. I want a courser that looks like the crosshairs of a rifle scope (circle and all), and zooms in 2x or 3x on everything you scroll over. Something similar to those found in simulators such as This only just the circle and cross hairs.

Is this possible? Where do I learn how to write such code?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It is possible, but you will need some rather in depth Java coding most likely. I would dig around for a good Java coding guid as well as an advanced Java programing guide. You could also hit up the designer of a website that you have found that you like and see if he will lend you a copy of the code. Its going to be difficult to program it youself if you dont have background experience in coding. You also need to check with who ever is going to host your page and make sure that they will allow for Java, some servers wont. Good luck

Sepias

·
Registered
8 Posts
I could jack all the information from a different page and paste it, but here is the linky instead. It details how to include the cursor on your page, as well as directs you to a page on how to create custom cursors.

As far as how to make it zoom in, you will probably use the "hover" or "onHover" to start the javascript which will "zoom" the page.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts