Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yep go there every year with Make-A-Wish for the Italian Happening, they have regular race weekends, but sadly no bikes.

·
Registered
532 Posts
yup, contacted them with a few emails and a call about sponsoring a day for the msu club, but they didnt respond in the slightest

·
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid
1,142 Posts
I have talked to them a few times, their insurance wont cover motorcycles. And a friend thats in a corvette club that rides raced the vette on there, and said its the bumpies track in the world, needs to be repaved bad, he said he wouldn't go faster than 50 on that track.

-Nick

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I've also heard there is not enough run off for a bike. Not sure how true it is as I have never been there.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I went out there many years ago for a vintage day. Watched an original 289 AC Cobra spank the shit out of all the vettes. The track was in much better condition back then. Cool place though if you like to watch road racing.

·
Registered
532 Posts
if you really want to spearhead a project, which I've failed to do sofar,

Contact DiamlerChrysler, and urge them to rent out the test track for a motorcycle saftey seminar and deminstration type of event.

Its in auburn hills, if you drive up squirrel to Oakland univeristy, you can see one of their 2 or 3 highspeed banked turns. Looks like a roller coaster ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
xdbx, are you the prez of the MSU club??? i've been meaning to get out with you guys but haven't found the time yet... damn co-op...

ANYWAY, tried that little trick with DCX... they've got so much "top secret" crap up there they wouldn't let anyone on it without miles of paperwork... not to mention the fact that if anything happened they'd be screwed... same with ford and GM... very hush hush about tracks...

closest thing we're going to get to a local track is probably grattan... sadly enough... or mid ohio.

·
Registered
532 Posts
sodamninsane said:
xdbx, are you the prez of the MSU club??? i've been meaning to get out with you guys but haven't found the time yet... damn co-op...

ANYWAY, tried that little trick with DCX... they've got so much "top secret" crap up there they wouldn't let anyone on it without miles of paperwork... not to mention the fact that if anything happened they'd be screwed... same with ford and GM... very hush hush about tracks...

closest thing we're going to get to a local track is probably grattan... sadly enough... or mid ohio.
yea, I am. check this out :twofinger

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
sodamninsane said:

oh shit dude, I just realized I know that bike and the pics from somewhere... how the hell are you from troy too? athens or troy high? We're gonna have to ride some time. My last final is is tuesday, and i'd like to hit up roundlake road a few mor etimes before I head home. Gimme a call. 248 770 9869

·
Registered
237 Posts
Oh i know about that... would've liked to come out but I was busy with baja and couldn't go home to the parents place to get the bike... I'll roll sometime this summer, looks like the photoshoot turned out great though.

haha... Troy high. class of 02 so I guess that makes me old. What about you? I usually ride over round west bloomfield or up rochester road... Are you going home for the summer or stayin up at state??? I work at toyota right now in AA so I'm not going to be riding during the week much. maybe the weekend of the 8th or somethen I should be down. let me know whats going on....

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
sodam, do you work at that toyota tech center on green road? are you a co-op engineering student? i go to kettering U, and i co-op at johnson controls in plymouth, and im working with toyota right now (180L seat program) and ive been down there a couple times.

daniel, thats a sweet pic with sparty (even though im a u of m guy, lol i was raised that way).

where are you talkin about round lake road? cause i practically live off of round lake road, but probably not the same place....

oh and daniel lets go ride soon and i wanna talk to you about how you got the club started, because ive been wanting to start one at kettering but i havent had the time yet, and this summer might just be the right time.

·
Registered
237 Posts
neller I'm in ED6 off of woodridge at the main part of the tech center... your working with ED5 I assume... Are you staying there over the summer? I'm done here in a couple of weeks and going back up to EL, but we should all meet up and ride... AA Has some nice roads

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
ehh my school and work schedule is different than everyones...cause we go 3 months on 3 months off so right now im about a month into my work term, and so july i go back to school. yea but let me know sometime we'll ride.

oh and a contact i talk to at TTC is Ham...his last name is like dutra or sumthin, but his first name is ham...so thats all i know lol i just got put on the toyota program a few weeks ago and i knew nothing about it before that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts