Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or actually purchased a TT600? I saw one in the Triumph dealership today and I have to say it's a good looking bike. I was just wanting to know what anyone thinks about them. At the dealership they won't let anyone ride it because they're not even allowed to ride it. They were really enthusiastic about it but I'm not sure if that's because they like it or they're trying to sell me one.

Brad

------------------
---------
http://brad.cland.net

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Brad,

I sat on one this weekend at my local Sportbike hangout. Didn't get to ride it though. It felt ok, but can't really tell much without riding it.

It sure seems to have stolen it's look from the CBRF4 but then again, all the bikes steal ideas from each other.

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green,
but it sure is fun!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i saw it at the philly bike show over the winter. i was left unimpressed based on looks alone.
www.roadracingworld.com tested the bike, expect it up on their webpage in a week or so (the print info comes out first).

the print mag said that it's impressive to ride. and it should be a good challenger to the r6, but time will tell on that one. it's supposed to injected too.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black--break-in sucks!!!
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

·
Registered
560 Posts
Triumph had one at the Demo booth at Sears Point this weekend. I couldn't ride it due to the rain out, but chatted with a couple guys who did. All were enthusiastic. Smooth power delivery, good low-mid range torque, decent ergos. They can't really thrash 'em in the demos, so no idea what high end performance they will yield. I thought it looked pretty good too. (Just bummed I couldn't ride it!)

------------------
Our greatest challenge in life is living up to our own potential.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I saw one at the local dealer and he told me he just did a 1000 mi. trip on one and was selling his Daytona to buy the TT600. This guy was enthusiastic about them. Also, check out the British bike mags reviews, as they were very impressed with the bike, and Brit mags tend to be very brutal in their reviews.

------------------

·
Registered
503 Posts
i dont like the f4 much so i dont really like the tt asthetically.. i did sit on one at the dealer & it felt ok.. but i still want to ride one. from what i hear it kicks arse but thats not enough for me to buy one.. especially cause i dont like the looks.

------------------

·
Registered
130 Posts
Did you see the review in Motorcyclist? The TT600 spun a bearing and had a serious fuel injection problem. Bad first impression, but the other mags all liked it. I would like to hear from someone who has ridden or owns one.

------------------

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your best bet is to check out Larry Tate's impression in the latest issue of a Canadian mag: Inside Motorcycles. It's very frank and to the point, but the test bike had a Triumph slip-on installed. I haven't ridden it yet but the black/yellow paint is nice. The Cycle News test bike had an oil leak problem, but it was fixed, and I guess the suspension needed a whole lot of sorting. Also, I'm not sure how impartial a British bike mag would be with a British bike, their national pride rivals the USA's.

------------------
Gottogo. BYE!

Skip

·
Registered
440 Posts
I know this is coming in kinda late, but I test rode a TT 600 a couple of days ago. I'm 5'8" and the ergos for me were like sitting on a torture rack. I couldn't get my calves comfortable unless I slipped my toes under the brake and shift levers. This is not unique to the TT 600 though. All the new 600 sportbikes are pretty much torture racks.

The engine felt pretty good, but not spectacular. Triumph still has some low RPM injection glithces, as the bike stumbled a bit off stop lights. This could be fixed easily by downloading an updated injection map to the engine management computer. As with its competitors, the TT 600 is buzzy on the freeway. Midrange torque is adequate, which is all one can ask from 600cc.

Handling is a different story. My oh my. This bikes handles like a dream. The front tire delivers feedback directly to your brain. Turn-in is smooth and predictable even at a moderate pace, unlike some other 600cc sportbikes on the market. This bike seems free of handling vices.

Brakes - what needs be said? Outstanding.

If you're in the market for a 600 sportbike give this little Triumph serious consideration. The dealers are discounting them pretty heavily right now, and Triunph has some special financing deals. These factors make the Triumph significantly less expensive than the Japanese 600s.

------------------
"For every action there is an equal and moronic overreaction."
Peter Egan

·
Registered
367 Posts
Our dealership has 2 of them on the floor and they said that they have sold 2 already. have not seen them around town, yet. The looks are very nice. Look closely at the details, painted swing arm and forks look very nice and different from the rest of the 600 class. They even have steel braided brake lines from the factory. If I was in the market for another 600cc bike I would give it some serious thought, too bad I want a 750cc :D

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well - I guess I have the last word on the TT600's performance, as I'm probably the only person roadracing one in the US right now. The bike has A LOT of potential as a race bike. The fuel injection is not very good for street use, but it is great in the upper rev range where a race bike is normally running. This bike handles as good as any racebike I've been on...it absolutely sticks in the turns. Stock front suspension is way too soft to push very hard. Engine pulls good but needs some work to be on a par with the R6's on the track.

As more performance parts come out; i.e. exhaust, suspension, etc., bike will morph into contending race bike. Triumph will offer roadrace contingency in 2001, which may pull a few more racers to this brand.

------------------
Rob Davis
GLRRA Expert #25
WERA Expert #120

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather...peacefully...in his sleep...not screaming and in pain...like the passengers in his car..."

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have over 6000 miles on my TT and its a sweet bike! It needs alot of miles to loosen up before it starts to really run. I was told the Brits use tight tolerences for longer life. I've run a Katanna 600 with a pipe, there was no comparison! I've also run a honda hurricane with lots of work,cams,full race exh, port and polish, all prof done and beat him too. Like I said it needs miles and the latest tune in the computer. I wouldnt trade it for anything!

------------------

·
Registered
16 Posts
SELLING A TRIUMPH TT600!!!!!

I'm selling a 2002 blue triumph tt600...if you look at my pic gallery....thats the bike.....if you are interested let me know....one thing that i do love about the bike, it handle's exceptionally well...and is one of the most comfortable sportbikes i've ridden....let me know :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts