Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay true enough this is only my second year riding so there are alot of things I need to learn. I have been hearing the term "Liter Bike" an awful lot. I'm not exactly sure what that is a reference too. Can ayone help me out without making me feel like an idiot?:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
866 Posts
don't worry about it, I'm new here to, the hardest thing to learn is the slang and jargon. a "liter bike" is just that, liter refers to the size of the engine, see 1000cc equals one liter, so if you have a ninja ex500 your engine is half a liter in size. but bikes like gsxr-1000, ninja 1200r, hybusa, tls1000, and many others may be refered to as liter bikes

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohhhhhhhhh:eek: . Now it all makes sense. Thank you both for helping me clear that up. Well I guess that means next year I'll be a liter bike owner. Hope to step up to RC 51. Thanks again fellas

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
One thing to remember, in general is when people(at least my friends) refer to liter bikes they are talking about the GSXR1000, R1, 9R and RR... not the twins. Typically "liter bikes" is referring to open class bikes. We use the term "liter twins" for the other liter bikes. :)

Even though the TLR, Mille, 998 and RC are near one liter displacement, they are not built to compete with the open class bikes. Physics just keeps holding them back. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RCjohn said:
One thing to remember, in general is when people(at least my friends) refer to liter bikes they are talking about the GSXR1000, R1, 9R and RR... not the twins. Typically "liter bikes" is referring to open class bikes. We use the term "liter twins" for the other liter bikes. :)

Even though the TLR, Mille, 998 and RC are near one liter displacement, they are not built to compete with the open class bikes. Physics just keeps holding them back. ;)
Thanks for setting me straight on the lingo RCjohn. I'll get all this stuff right sooner or later. I don't just want to be a rider, I want to be a rider that knows something about my bike and perhaps my friends bikes too. Keep teaching me everyone. I really appreciate it. I get the feeling I'll be bothering you alot more this time next year RCjohn. Hope to have that RC51 by then.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
seebeearsenal said:

Thanks for setting me straight on the lingo RCjohn. I'll get all this stuff right sooner or later. I don't just want to be a rider, I want to be a rider that knows something about my bike and perhaps my friends bikes too. Keep teaching me everyone. I really appreciate it. I get the feeling I'll be bothering you alot more this time next year RCjohn. Hope to have that RC51 by then.
You know, you New Englanders may want to avoid motorcycles that have Rs in their names since you people can't say R. :D

It will be confusing to most when you tell them you have an AhhC-51 or a 954AhhAhh. :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RCjohn said:

You know, you New Englanders may want to avoid motorcycles that have Rs in their names since you people can't say R. :D

It will be confusing to most when you tell them you have an AhhC-51 or a 954AhhAhh. :p
Uhhhhhh, I don't know if you noticed John, but I'm from Maryland:p :p ;) ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Geography lesson?

Maryland, Massachusetts what's the difference? They're both east of the Mississippi, right? (Did I spell all that right?)

Why is it in Boston people say "Cuber is surrounded by watah"? :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts