Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Problems? like melting into a steaming pile of goo upon moderate application of throttle? Or highsiding you into oblivion?
Good luck finding any tires that'll hold up on that bike and last for more than 1000 miles.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I watched my friends tires turn into a gummy mess on the last three rides we went on. He has about 1500 miles on them, they might hold up for one more ride.:D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Change them

The rear is ok but the front is a real problem when you push it, most of the 1K's that have been chucked down the road were dropped because of the stock front tyre. I run the Pirelli Corsa's SP2 compound and the grip is amazing:D The 180 on the rear worried me before I changed but the bike is transformed, turn in is much faster and the bike holds its line much better. I will try the Rennsports next but from what I know they are exactly the same tyre so I expect the same results, not only peg grinding lean angle but exhaust grinding too:D :D Change your rubber before you do anything else, you will be amazed at the difference.
Ahrgggg cant get my sig to work:mad:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking of throwing on some dunlops, just because ive always had them in the past and always been satisfied. Lately ive heard a lot of good reviews about the Pirelli's, can anyone else verify this. And are you talking about your turn signal tug?:confused:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Re: Change them

Tug said:
The rear is ok but the front is a real problem when you push it, most of the 1K's that have been chucked down the road were dropped because of the stock front tyre.

I think you may be right, my friend has said that the front end feels like its getting ready to go away when he pushes it.:eek:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Sig pic not sig lamp

Gixxerdude said:
I was thinking of throwing on some dunlops, just because ive always had them in the past and always been satisfied. Lately ive heard a lot of good reviews about the Pirelli's, can anyone else verify this. And are you talking about your turn signal tug?:confused:
Go Pirelli or Rennsports you wont be sorry,

·
Registered
122 Posts
pirelli

I raced on the pirelli soft compound all weekend and never had a slip or slide. They felt awsome even on sunday after having about 7 heat cycles thru them........and TUG why am i FORBIDEN from your sig????/:D :D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Re: pirelli

ungwaha said:
I raced on the pirelli soft compound all weekend and never had a slip or slide. They felt awsome even on sunday after having about 7 heat cycles thru them........and TUG why am i FORBIDEN from your sig????/:D :D
Was that the SP1 or 2 compound? I cant get more than 500km's on the SP2's on the track. I know I need to do some work on my set up as the rear is squatting too much which will be contributing to the wear. How many K's are you getting on the ones that you use?

·
Registered
9 Posts
No real big problems. Front let loose and slid out about 6 inches once, but only happened once.
At 4500 miles the were toast and I switched to Dunlops. The rear wags a little when coming into corners too hard and down shifting but they feel very controlable. Rain tested them last week and had no problem riding over 100 in the corners in the rain.
The bike I was with had The 010's on and he had no problem either.
I've heard bad things about putting the pirellis on the 1000, how many miles you guys getting out of them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea they suck try some dunlop 207's those bridge stones slip to much comming out of corners under power real bad when your hammering on a gixxer 1000

·
Registered
9 Posts
:barf: Bridgestones...

I was riding with my buddy a month or so ago on some great roads, I was on my last bike (TL1000R) with dunlop 207's and never had any problems. My friend on his 929 with Bridgstones said his rear tire was all over the place and it felt like jelly, we even pulled over to look at it..We thought it might just be the the freshly painted lines on the road that was causing his problems.

Since then I bought my GSX-R 1000 with Bridgestones on it... Same road and same problems, the bridgestones gave me a few butt puckers where before I had no problems on the Dunlops. I have 1400 miles on the bridgestones but I don't think they will last another 1400. Dunlops for me!!!

I think there was a tire comparison in SPORT RIDER magazine last month. Michelin pilots had a slight edge over the rest but I don't know anyone with these tires on their bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts