Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if you're gonna be pushy about it. The first one slid on grvel went off the road at roughly 70ish, went somewhat airborne into a ditch and slammed into a concrete drainage culvert a little below midway down the bike, then it did some impressive flips and we found it, back wheel stuck up in a tree, about 10 yards into this thicket. The 900 guy just panicked coming around a bend tried to stop the bike went off the road hit a stump at about 45 50 and smashed the front rim then hit a little drain pipe and smashed the back rim, went airborne a little ways then slid down into a field. Both guys are fine, one had a broken wrist, the other had 2 broken ribs. Both were new riders trying to keep up with the faster people in the group, imagine that.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frame and subframe were all bent up. The pictures aren't really good, not to mention the entire front of the bike is gone and every piece of plastic needed replaced. Don't mind the groping going on in the back of that picture either. LoL:D

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He used to moderate the suspension and engine perfomance forum. I wondered where that forum went, I just assumed I'd had too much to drink and couldn't find it. :D I was wonderin why he got banned myself. Hmmmmmmmm???:confused: :confused: Looks like someones got some explaining to do. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Doogie said:
He used to moderate the suspension and engine perfomance forum. I wondered where that forum went, I just assumed I'd had too much to drink and couldn't find it. :D I was wonderin why he got banned myself. Hmmmmmmmm???:confused: :confused: Looks like someones got some explaining to do. ;)
Now that ya mention it, I was wondering what happened to Sage too!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was checking out the forums the other day and he had posted in the daily rider forum. He said something like he was screwed by the sportbikeworld owner regarding not being included in his own (Sage's) idea. I think but I may be wrong, that it had something to do with the new sportbike store and selling tires. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
My one and only crash (knock on wood!)

This is, or was, my 1999 F4. I had it for two months after re-entering the sport. I thought I was an experienced rider since I have a long history of dirtbikes and streetbikes but after taking so long off from the sport I guess I was rusty and didnt realize it. This is the result :rolleyes:

I crashed on the freeway when I was attempting to change lanes and looked back while at the same time the truck in front of me slowed down. When I faced forward again and saw how close I was to the truck in front of me, I locked up the front wheel. The bike did a few flips totalling it, but I was fine for the most part :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Here is the actual damage that totalled the bike. The drive shaft was impacted on the end and that ruined the bearings I guess (this is what I was told by the Honda shop)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
So now whattcha gonna ride ? we were hoping you'd wanna ride to Palomar this Sat. were trying to get a group from here to go. Hope all is well with ya, take care;)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Hammer 4 said:
So now whattcha gonna ride ? we were hoping you'd wanna ride to Palomar this Sat. were trying to get a group from here to go. Hope all is well with ya, take care;)
who? Me? we dont go that far down anymore, we ride the back side of Azusa... interested>?

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
HondaNut! said:

who? Me? we dont go that far down anymore, we ride the back side of Azusa... interested>?
Kinda committed to Palomar and other riders for Sat. But how bout the 20th, also hows the roads, popo, ect. at Azusa ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts