Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hammer 4 said:
June 10th..? I have a feeling it's going to be a HOT day up there..hope to see some of you guys..:thumb: :D
Hammer. I got a friend in Orange County who rides a balck/yellow TT600 named "Buddy". He is a Buttonwillow addict. He tells me he'll be there on the 10th. Tell him the 'fastest slow guy he knows' says HI:)

Have fun!

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Anyone from here doing Buttonwillow

desmo079 said:
Hammer. I got a friend in Orange County who rides a balck/yellow TT600 named "Buddy". He is a Buttonwillow addict. He tells me he'll be there on the 10th. Tell him the 'fastest slow guy he knows' says HI:)

Have fun!
Will do..:thumb:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I'm There!!!

You moving up to the fast group to keep me company. With 23 turns and 3 miles a lap and 30 riders max/group I figure even if I'm slow I can't get blind sided in the corners too often?????

:p

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
apexismaximus said:
I'm There!!!

You moving up to the fast group to keep me company. With 23 turns and 3 miles a lap and 30 riders max/group I figure even if I'm slow I can't get blind sided in the corners too often?????

:p
I need to see how my tires are gonna work, I've been getting some nice front end slides, almost like a tuck..so we'll see..there's some fast riders in the street group..last time, I didn't have any brakes to speak of, but this time..:thumb:

As for gettin blind sided..dependz on who's there..;) Yeah, I prolly move up after a session or 2..I might have to get some new tires at the track..:rolleyes: :(

Oh and 3 days..and counting...woo hoo...:D

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
So? So? So?
Huh? Huh? Huh?
How was it? How was it?
Got n'any pictures?

I wish I was there... but I'll be at THunder Hill tomorrow. :D

How was yer brakes this time?

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DaDuck748 said:
So? So? So?
Huh? Huh? Huh?
How was it? How was it?
Got n'any pictures?

I wish I was there... but I'll be at THunder Hill tomorrow. :D

How was yer brakes this time?
Had a great time..Apexamixmus came up, rode his bike up there..:eek: gotta give him props, he rode really well..wound up dusting a newer 929, on his ol fizzer..:thumb: Oh, and I forgot my Camera..so no pic's...sorry

I rode like crap..had to replace the front tire..gettin some big slides ..so I had Lenoard, and Matt from Trackside Services, replace it with a new Rennsport RS1..supersoft....now I need a rear...oh..and that tire, sticks like nothing I've ever used..:D

Brakes worked fine..got some new/used rotors..and they bed in great..! Also got my ol girl dyno'd at L and L Motorsports..Louis says it was running rich, as per the fuel/air curve..anyway..she showed 129.2 HP...:thumb: Prolly a high reading..

I hope you have a great time at Thunderhill..I'd like to get up there sometime..:D

Oh..and Des..I tried to find your friend, I found your friend's, friend, instead..they ride the same bike..:rolleyes: :D any way, I didn't get a chance to talk to him at all, sorry..as a friend of mine crashed pretty good, totalling his bike out, but he's o.k. was his 1st time on a track, I think he was trying to make a race out of it..:rolleyes:

Anyway..got another trackday at the Streets, on June 25th..still some spots open..$99.00....includes donuts, and O.J. in the morning, and a nice lunch, + drinks, soda, gatoade..and water..

Here's the dyno chart

Attachments

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But gawd is that a challenging track to ride well with several sections with corners close together where you have to find a line that sets you up for all of them. Lots of sections where you can ride seriously fast for 2-3 corners running near WOT if you have'em (I almost did).

I must have looked at the track diagram 10 times today thinking how I'd ride/try different lines next time.

The pass on the 929 was on the last lap of the day and for the last 2 sessions I had been all over this guys ass trying to get by. He was just as fast as I was so it was tough to find a safe spot with the passing rules in effect. We had really equal power so it was gonna have to be by better line/strategy rather than in the straights. Coming through the BIG sweaper he was running a tighter line than necessary and I actually could see the whole thing play out in my mind. I ran it out a little wide and then gassed it to pick up lots of extra exit speed, came back down at the apex about 5 feet behind him with 5-10mph on him and pinned it. He kept it tight and ran to the right after the exit to set up for the next left ~ 100 yards down the track, a fast 20 degree corner. I kept to the left as I passed him and used all the track on the exit of the next corner with a late turn started almost at the apex. Kept it real hot to the next corner, a blind hard right where you apex at the top of a rise (the cornre where Hammer's friend highsided, we think, he was a little unsure of the details??). The apex is still blind, right at the top of the rise, knee riding the curb, hold it a second past the apex till you can finally see the next really quick left......................Made the pass stick.

WHAT A FREAKING RUSH!!!!!

Made the day for me.

And I can't believe Hammer's bike makes the same power as mine, strong ass 750 he's got there!!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
apexismaximus said:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But gawd is that a challenging track to ride well with several sections with corners close together where you have to find a line that sets you up for all of them. Lots of sections where you can ride seriously fast for 2-3 corners running near WOT if you have'em (I almost did).

I must have looked at the track diagram 10 times today thinking how I'd ride/try different lines next time.

The pass on the 929 was on the last lap of the day and for the last 2 sessions I had been all over this guys ass trying to get by. He was just as fast as I was so it was tough to find a safe spot with the passing rules in effect. We had really equal power so it was gonna have to be by better line/strategy rather than in the straights. Coming through the BIG sweaper he was running a tighter line than necessary and I actually could see the whole thing play out in my mind. I ran it out a little wide and then gassed it to pick up lots of extra exit speed, came back down at the apex about 5 feet behind him with 5-10mph on him and pinned it. He kept it tight and ran to the right after the exit to set up for the next left ~ 100 yards down the track, a fast 20 degree corner. I kept to the left as I passed him and used all the track on the exit of the next corner with a late turn started almost at the apex. Kept it real hot to the next corner, a blind hard right where you apex at the top of a rise (the cornre where Hammer's friend highsided, we think, he was a little unsure of the details??). The apex is still blind, right at the top of the rise, knee riding the curb, hold it a second past the apex till you can finally see the next really quick left......................Made the pass stick.

WHAT A FREAKING RUSH!!!!!

Made the day for me.

And I can't believe Hammer's bike makes the same power as mine, strong ass 750 he's got there!!!
Good post, Apex. You had my heart racing:D :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts