Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

Apparently it is replacing the use of marijuana. I guess there is a real problem with it here in Armada with the high school kids.

I thought it was the perenial Salvia with the pretty purple flowers they were talking about. They made 56 felony and 16 misdemeanor arrests in December in Macomb County for this stuff. I must be old cause I have never heard of it.

Haha, reminds me of the time when my co-worker had to call his drugy friend to tell us what an 8 ball was during a drug overdose 911 call. They need to start having classes for EMT's on street drugs and their code names.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
It was mentioned last wknd on a few different news programs.
They were talking about it because of that boy's suicide and his parents claim that this new drug is what caused him to kill himself.

The news reports were pretty much like the Wiki report.
They focused on the fact that it is not illegal yet in many states and that the governments might/will take action to do something about that.

Apparently,due to the net, it is spreading quickly.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I saw an article on this a while ago, but I didn't read it. I took a quick glance at the title and thought it said something about smoking saliva. I've heard more odd things. Some of the kids I went to school with have tried smoking everything from Tea to their own hair. Saliva isn't much of a stretch from that.

Anyway... I thought the original article was actually a joke, so I just closed the page. Maybe I am just getting old too, ehh?

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I try not to get crunked very often,
but if I did, I'd still go with Ganja...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Wow. I'm old, I haven't heard of it. I thought I remember reading something here on the board or something, but that's it.
Hey... I am young but I never heard of it!!!! :squid:

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Does it show up in piss tests?
I might know a few dui people that need the lead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts