Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Fram oil fileter part # 6017A from Murrays auto. I changed my oil today and my oil light stayed on after I was done. I know oil was circulating because you could see the oil level go down in the sight window. I'd run it for 30 sec. and then shut it off for 30 sec. trying to see if it would go off. It didn't :( So after I got back from Ubly I wanted to see what the hell was going on. It was over filled just a little so I loosen the oil filter to drain some oil out. Well not much oil came out of it :confused: So I pulled it off and put the old one back on. It only had 500 mile on it from last year. Heck even the oil was clean that I replaced. Anyways the light turned off :) The only thing I can think off is that the oil filter was bad. Blocked by pass or something. I almost didn't buy the filter because the box was taped up. I opened the box and looked at the filter before I bought it and it looked good. Any ways just wondering if this has happen to anyone else before.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I bought a Fram that was tapped only part way thru the extrusion with threads....:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts