Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i'm not the only one here who's into fast cars, (i don't even have a bike yet) so post what ya got. (not saying that my car's really fast or anything, especially compared to some bikes).

I've got a '67 Plymouth Satellite with a '68 440 with a 3.91 sure-grip rear end. As of now it's primered because i lack the money for a black paint job.

So post what ya got.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm mostly into corvettes. I got an 02 corvette Z06 that i use mostly just at the race track now. I run the 1/4 with it. Its got a few mods to it like the normal bolt in shit and headers with a full exhaust. I will be on my 3rd cltuch soon cause the stocker and a Ram couldnt hold the power. If i get a good launch (i had a 1.97 60ft.on street tires on a bad track in 97 degree weather)the clutch craps out and slips bad in each gear and it usually doesnt hold 4th at all so i have only done a 12.5 at 118mph with it. It will be going in soon for a Cartek heads and cam pack with either 3.90 or 4.10 gears(Z06 has a different tranny than the normal vette)and their clutch too. Guys have been running 10.8s with this NA and thats what i want. But even my little Zx-6r makes the Z06 look like its standing still now. I hope both will be as fast after the heads and cam.;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I built a Cobra kit car a few years back, it was an Everett Morrison kit. it took me about 2 years to complete. I saw one when I was a kid, which really dates me and always wanted one. I had the car for 8 years before selling it, it was far more fun to build than it was to drive. I sold my Opel Gt and my Cobra at the same time just to get some room back in my shop, while cars are great, they do not compare to the rush of a bike when it comes to perfomance. plus bikes don't take up any room, and to the cops they all look a like if your on a sport bike, nothing like living in a small town doing a few burn outs and having the cops talk to you the next day, there is after all only on red Cobra in town, I love being an outlaw and being and little more anonymous.. it is far cheaper in the long run with a bike than a car..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Memories

When I was like 16 to 20 I was a Mopar Guy all the way. Now it is my truck and bikes. This is what I used to have.

70 Dodge Challenger 340 auto slapstick Yellow with black strobe stripes

71 Dodge Charger 383 auto slapstick

73 Plymouth Cude 340 auto slapstick Red with black roof.

74 dodge Charger 318 auto on the column

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Z06vette said:
I'm mostly into corvettes. I got an 02 corvette Z06 that i use mostly just at the race track now. I run the 1/4 with it. Its got a few mods to it like the normal bolt in shit and headers with a full exhaust. I will be on my 3rd cltuch soon cause the stocker and a Ram couldnt hold the power. If i get a good launch (i had a 1.97 60ft.on street tires on a bad track in 97 degree weather)the clutch craps out and slips bad in each gear and it usually doesnt hold 4th at all so i have only done a 12.5 at 118mph with it. It will be going in soon for a Cartek heads and cam pack with either 3.90 or 4.10 gears(Z06 has a different tranny than the normal vette)and their clutch too. Guys have been running 10.8s with this NA and thats what i want. But even my little Zx-6r makes the Z06 look like its standing still now. I hope both will be as fast after the heads and cam.;)
You need to take a drive up to Lime Rock, CT for an open track day. I think the cost is about $200 for non-members. I was there on November 1st at a track day with some buddies who run heavily modified Audi S4s and their father who runs a Ferrari 328. There were several Z06s there that were consistently fast and fun to watch.

Here's a picture of 3 Z06s taken at the end of the front straight. This was 1 lap before they passed the Viper:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Memories

John95 said:
When I was like 16 to 20 I was a Mopar Guy all the way. Now it is my truck and bikes. This is what I used to have.

70 Dodge Challenger 340 auto slapstick Yellow with black strobe stripes

71 Dodge Charger 383 auto slapstick

73 Plymouth Cude 340 auto slapstick Red with black roof.

74 dodge Charger 318 auto on the column
Nice cars man! Need more big blocks though ;)
A friend of mine had a '70 plum crazy challenger (slapstick) with a 383.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Hell yeah I'm in to cars. Well I was till I got my bike. Now I'm more hooked on the bike's. The car is a 1978 Dodge Aspen with a 440. Best 1/4 mile pass on motor is [email protected] The car is very streetable. In fact it see's more street driving then track. Check out my photo gallery to see my other toys :cool:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Here is the Chevy I owned. I sold it to buy my first bike. The 01 ZX6-R. I now have a ZX9-R also :drool: God I love toys. I just need more free time to play with them :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
slaintedan, cool pick. I have lots of vette buddies that do the autocross but so far i have never tried it. I might head out to PA to take a course in the pocconos. Some of my friends did it and they say the Z is more at home at the auto cross then on the 1/4 miles.

SpeedyZ Nice rally sport. I still have my 85 IROC as a daily driver. Oh and running low 11s with the beast(Aspen) is fast. That car must have 500lbs on the Z(thats about .5 lost right there). I am hoping to get 10s with the stock 346 displacement and stock bottom end.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Z06vette said:

SpeedyZ Nice rally sport.
Thanks Bro. That car was nice except for the 4.10 with the 5 speed trans. A bitch to drive on the street and to hook up at the track. It went [email protected] on motor. So as you can see it had the power to got high 12's. Those street tires would just get killed. It could have use a more friendly 3.73 gear in it. Oh well it's gone now. I'm a MOPAR guy anyways :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im getting ready to put 4.10s on my Z06. I have heard nothing but good things about em but of course I will need to get rid of the drag radials in favor of some mickey thompson ET streets. Nice work with the camaro that is a fast run on street tires. I cant wait till that tax refund comes in and I can get some low low 11s with the package im waiting on and 10s for sure with some seat time. I wanna try the bike at the drag strip too but i gotta buy some more gear for that to happen.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yeah the bike at the track is fun. I went a best of [email protected] My bike has a full Muzzy system,+3 rear sprocket, K&N filter, Muzzy lowering links and dynojet jet kit. I would love to hit a high 10 second pass with it. :drool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Was that with the 6R or the 9R....i think i read online that the 6R does 10.9 stock. As we all know conditions can effect the times greatly plus im sure its not easy to go that fast. I cant believe the force you feel with these things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old Post...Oh well...

Heres mine.

Its pretty slow, but it is a stock A4. Ran 14.0 @ 97, 2.0 60' last summer. Should hit high 13's with better tires and the cut out. Well see...

Looking at trading it in on something more payment friendly to get my R6. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
heavily into cars here... mostly toyotas... hope to get a supraTT next but my list so far is:

Modified:
-92 Toyota Mr2 Turbo ([email protected] with minor mods)
-Supra powered 77 Celica GT liftback(low 13's and top 3 in auto X every visit so far)

Stock:
-91 low mileage Toyota Mr2 Turbo (100% stock)
-1977 Celica GT coupe (100% stock and in immaculate condition)

selling the liftback though so i can get into a house... also the CB-1 :( most likely.

next up is a MKIV SupraTT then an AE86.

Also lookin to pick up a 70's 240/280Z for my skyline motor swap :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
My Nissan sentra does mid to high 13's at 102mph. It wont for long, im selling my NX express nitrous kit for bike parts.

My question is.... should i make my bike a high 8 second drag racer or setup up for track use

I kinda like the track idea better then drag strip-- but it would be really fun to say "Yeah i've done an eight second pass..."

I seen a Hayabusa with Extended swing arm, air shifter, exhaust and a power commander do a 8.916.

I figure if i do big bore kit, cams, pistons, exhaust, carbs, jetting i should have enough power. to do that too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts