Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Sorry, but I'm going to get in quick and answer this. It's called a 'Sport Vue' and it looks like a great idea!! :D

Here's a blurb I found:

Race car driver Dominic Dobson has come up with a way to watch your speed without looking down. It’s called the Sport Vue and it’s a nifty little device you connect to the top of a face shield on a full face helmet. Set with an infinity focus you can actually see your speed, rpm and what gear you are in just by looking straight ahead as you ride. For those who wonder what gear they are in after completing a turn, now it’s easy to know with the Sport Vue. The wireless unit has an aerodynamic shape to it that contours the helmet and easily comes off in the event of a crash.

More details are at www.sportvue.com

I'm assuming that's your helmet it's on. Are they any good????????

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heads up display

I'm not a big enough wanker to have a hot wheels helmet..... just reading about it on some bike site and thought I'd share.

Here's another pic this time from the inside.

Attachments

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I've never wondered what gear I was in, save for maybe the first month or so when I was getting accustomed to riding. If you are at all familiar with your bike you will know what gear you're in and pretty much how fast you're going just by the sound/feel.

In other words this thing is, IMO, useless as screen doors on a submarine. If anything I could see it distracting people who would do much better to just watch the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts