Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a motard (any brand) or a WR/YZ450 in dirt trim that they'd like to lease out for a weekend??? Figure out a reasonable price for the wear and tear that I'll put on it, and if I crash, I buy. The engine builder fuqqed mine up (forgot to put piston pin circlips in...) and bike go boom this weekend after only 6 laps on the motor. Thought I had a loaner bike from a sponsor but their only bike is tied up with AMA practice as a B bike for the Palace round :(

I'm about to pull the 450 suspension, brakes and tires and bolt them onto Tanya's 06 WR250 since my 06 WR450 isn't in yet, but I figured I'd ask around. I don't need to win my 3 sprints this weekend, just finish 75% and cross the line under power to get my points for whatever place I come in. Just can't afford any DNS's since I'm regional and national points leader in all 3 classes and can't be missing any rounds.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YZ400F would work, but i'd have to make sure that the wheelsets would mount up.

Actually the engine builder didn't screw up, when we pulled the motor apart we found the circlips in the bottom (one shattered, one intact). Apparently the stock rod couldn't handle the extra 45% power increase :eek:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
icantslowdown said:

Actually the engine builder didn't screw up, when we pulled the motor apart we found the circlips in the bottom (one shattered, one intact). Apparently the stock rod couldn't handle the extra 45% power increase :eek:
Ill call my friend tonight and make sure he is interested and get you his contact info.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
icantslowdown said:

ouch ... sorry to hear that ... I assume it's NOT covered then :(

E.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope - definitely not covered. they cut me a serious break on the labor, and i get tanya's price on parts, so it'll set me back about $750 for labor and $600 for parts - not entirely that bad considering the amount of damage.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
well I would think that's the LEAST they could do considerin they should have known the stock rod couldn't handle it... but yeah better than being stuck for it all :eek:

good luck on gettin you a ride in time.. that blows that you thought it was all set Sunday to only have to relive the horror to get something else set up in time... if you look on the bright side.. at least that was one less worry you had to deal with DURING the trackday on monday... :2cents:

E.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts