Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried out the Spidi Net jacket. And does Lockhart Philips own Spidi,or are they just the US Distributer of Spidi products.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Sorry, I haven't heard of the Net jacket. I do own a Spidi Vector jacket. It's a textile jacket (is the net leather or textile?). But as textile jackets go it's about the beefiest I've seen. The fabric is very heavy and it's got CE approved armor in the elbows, shoulders, and a surprisingly substantial back protector. It's also not loose fitting. It fits pretty snug like a leather jacket and there are straps on the arms to keep the armor from getting pushed out of postition if you hit the deck. It is waterproof and has a zip out quilted lining that is VERY warm. The biggest drawback is the use of groin straps instead of zippers to keep the jacket from hunching up on you. The straps do a good job of keeping the back of the jacket down and there is no buffeting at high speed. But I have little confidence in their ability to keep things together in an accident. To me this is a serious oversight when they put so much thought into protection in the rest of the jacket. The straps also go right up your crack as soon as you sit on the bike. With black riding pants on you don't notice it from the rear but with lighter colored pants on you look like you have a black thong on over your pants.

Overall, it's one of the best textile choices I've seen. Would I rather wear leather? YES - especially on road trips and no question on the track. Is this a good choice for commuting in an area with unpredictable weather. YES.

If this doesn't relate to the net jacket in any way I apologize. I hope that it may be usefull though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
They are the US distributer for Spidi. I have seen the Net jacket and it looks pretty good. I have a Mask jaket on order now, it's a little heavier thatn the Net jacket so probably a little warmer too. Spidi is currently behind on shipping so if you find the jacket you want I wouldn't wait to long on getting it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts