Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive never seen any kind of numbers dyno or 1/4 mile times to see how fast they are and if they are to aggressive for a newbie? i dropped by a Triumph store here in San Antonio, Tx but they tell u its an awsome bike no matter what. one thing that did catch my eye is that it is cheaper on the insurance than the other brands i.e. yamaha r6 and suzuki gsx-r600 because it falls into a different catogoery. i know these questions are asked all the time so if u are readin this thread and dont even feel like typin a sentence in, a simple yes or no answer will suffice.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think the TT600 is considered a "B" class sportbike. Honda has their F4i, Yamaha has their YZF600, etc. On the other hand, a buddy that owns a TT600 says it's pretty much a modern full-on 600 sportbike. A few less ponies than the Daytona/et.al., but still pretty damn quick. He claims it's got a more forgiving powerband than the Jap 600s, but it's still a 600, so things don't start to get interesting until you're spinning a few revs (6-8K).

I'm sure you can get much more informed opinions over on www.tt600.org if you haven't been there already.

Hope this helps...

Garry

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Bug them for a test ride,:D and see if you can make a conclusion on your own......most of the dealers are pretty good about having a test fleet..........well, at least out here. Then if you don't like it, you can try maybe the speed Triple, or the Sprint? Just a thought! Welcome to the Triumph board!:D :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
The TT600 is one of the BEST handling 600cc sportbikes made.

Yes, it is a bit down on power compared to the Japanese bikes... but I have no trouble keeping up with 600s on the track. They beat me on the straights and I make it up in corner speed.

The only issue with the TT is a poor fuel injection mapping from the factory. Aftermarket parts, like a Power Commander, can totally cure that problem though.. and help you make up that HP defecit at the same time!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
JCoulter said:
The TT600 is one of the BEST handling 600cc sportbikes made.

Yes, it is a bit down on power compared to the Japanese bikes... but I have no trouble keeping up with 600s on the track. They beat me on the straights and I make it up in corner speed.

The only issue with the TT is a poor fuel injection mapping from the factory. Aftermarket parts, like a Power Commander, can totally cure that problem though.. and help you make up that HP defecit at the same time!!!:thumb:
Well put!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
QuickCoCo1 said:
what you know about turning that bike!!!!! :twofinger :twofinger
Your right...he would probably rather hear about your 100lb ass dumping the 954... because you forgot to put down the kickstand.:rolleyes:

:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
o|||||||o said:
Your right...he would probably rather hear about your 100lb ass dumping the 954... because you forgot to put down the kickstand.:rolleyes:

:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger
ya i knew you were gonna say that, o you are so so so clever. SO clever!

:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Inky said:
:laughing: :laughing:
The GTR bunch is like a family.... bickering and jabbing all of the time. Trouble is, they know where the skeletons are buried.;) :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Dad said:
The GTR bunch is like a family.... bickering and jabbing all of the time. Trouble is, they know where the skeletons are buried.;) :D

You found my body stash? Don't tell anyone. I guess I'll have to move them all again,damn it.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
fluxpuppy said:
A friend is someone that will help you move.

A good friend is someone that will help you move the body :)
Attn GTR Members: Body moving party at Teabaggers.... again.:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
i don't know specifically what kinda bike you're looking for, but if you're looking for a good bike with cheaper insurance, you could try a speed four, just because it's basically the same thing as the tt600, it doesn't have the full fairing, and it's tuned for midrange instead of top end, and then you loose a few mph off to top end just because you don't have a windshield for aerodynamics, but aside from the lack of plastics and better midrange instead of top end, it's pretty much the same exact bike as the tt600, and as long as you find the right insurance company, it'll just be classified as a standard, same as an sv650 or something like that, even though it's got a bit more performance than those, i'm not gonna bug my insurance company about it:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts