Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had bad luck with gloves in the 40-50 dollar range, I always end up getting holes in the right index finger. This year I'm going to put down as much cash as it'll take to get a good pair of everyday use riding gloves.

They need to be comfortable enough to wear on my daily commute during the summer when it gets in the 90's (which seems sooo far away right now).

Anybody have any reccomendations for me?

·
Registered
217 Posts
the icon TiMax gloves are pretty good. they come in short style and gauntlet...they're a lil' up there in price though

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I am with my 2nd year of Held Ninja Racing Gloves. They are a bit costly, but fit like a dream & showing no signs of wear. True I have some even older gloves from Joe Rocket though again in the high price line. Unfortunately they no longer make said model & four yrs ago it was $210.00 in Cdn money. They to have stood up well & only show a bit of normal wear & use.

One thing I have found out is that the better products are the ones that hold up, plus when it comes to a crash the first thing that goes out to protect the face or body are your hands so give them the chance to do their job with good gloves.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
They may be good, but cant they make them better looking? I mean that looks like somehting you would go to horse trials with.
FFS, all the other power rangers are going to laugh at me, and kick me out of their club...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, German-engineered products typically go for function, not form. Just look at the Frey-Daytona Security boots...best boots in the world but not much to look at either.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Vash said:
They may be good, but cant they make them better looking? I mean that looks like somehting you would go to horse trials with.
FFS, all the other power rangers are going to laugh at me, and kick me out of their club...
You want "trendy" looks, or protection, and a long lasting glove..??:p

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I want protection, in a long lasting, trendy package. I'd also like to see it at a very low price. It wouldnt hurt to have a few handy features that would make it stand out from the competition. You know, mp3 player or something.

I see no reason to compromise :D

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Vash said:
I want protection, in a long lasting, trendy package. I'd also like to see it at a very low price. It wouldnt hurt to have a few handy features that would make it stand out from the competition. You know, mp3 player or something.

I see no reason to compromise :D
Your Hopeless....:twofinger

·
Registered
892 Posts
i got the icon timax's gauntlet style. no complaints here. and man you can bust up someones car if they pissed you off. and i'm talking from experience :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Helds are the real deal for protection. I have the Galaxy model. Check the racing supply places. You may get a discounted price from them.

Another glove I've had that was less money but decent quality was the Technic Violators. They were on when I crashed and did their job and are still serviceable. I used to get them on closeouts for like $50 but they were listed at about $150.

I've found that the sweat does the gloves in, but a silk glove liner seems to help that. They're thin, cheap, and easily washed and dried in the sink after a ride. If you try them, put on one, then that glove, then the other. Working the velcro straps, the hook side will catch the liners and screw them up.

And when I say cheap, I mean like $10 cheap.;) Tourmaster brand is what I get.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
How do your gloves ussually die?
Mine get the palm leather torn up in a few months...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts