Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 01 Futura. Runs great, however the high beam has a mind of its own. Sometimes it works and sometimes it decides not to. I drive about 25 miles to work in the morning and switching to high beams has been some excitement (sometimes it works). When they work, it is great. no problem with low beam.

I plan on cleaning the contacts on the switchgear and checking the fuses real close.

Any other suggestions? Anybody else have this problem?

The bike is running 02 codes, dual D&D exhaust, K&N, with Diablos, throttlemeister, 12 volt power supply, etc. Bike runs great except for the high beam candle power!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sorry for the delayed posting.

My first guess is what you plan to do. It sounds like a bad contact. You can also check the contacts on the lamp assembly itself. You might check www.apriliaforum.com for some details on the switch gear and a cool modification therein.

Great bike that get's better as the miles pile on. To truly enjoy this bike, you NEED to get the new H pipe from AF1 racing in Austin. It rocks and the sound is glorious!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Futura high beam seems to be fixed

I took the left side switch gear apart and sprayed some wd-40 inside. Checked everything over and couldn't find anything wrong exactly. Since I did that, I have not had the high beam check out since.

I checked out the website you mentioned and many others prior to buying the Futura. After using the bags every day (only owned it since the 20th of Sept.), I won't go without on my daily driver. I'll have racked up 1,000 miles by next week!

The new mille looks beautiful finally (I wasn't sold on the 1st version's looks).

The little rod between my luggage fell off somewhere, so I am working on "CNC"ing a new one from billet nylon 6/6 that will work better. I'll let you know how it comes out. Also, thumb screws should be used on the plastic caps to get at the oil filler neck! I'm switching to SS thumb screws.

I attached a poor picture of the bike (my custom shadow is in the background)

Later

Attachments

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
aprilias have a reputation for weak batteries. maybe that's the problem. i doubt it, but maybe...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts