Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like different paint scheme etc... apparently there is a new Jurassic park paint scheme (I know it sounds corny but looks kind of cool) that Nicky Hayden is racing on, will it be produced? Same engine? Anybody here any good rumors? I attached a pic but it is really small...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I havent' heard anything yet. I doubt there will be much change. The Jurassic Park scheme is part of the Universal Studios sponsorship but I liked Miguel's The Mummy Returns paint job better. I hope Honda does offer different colors for the 02 bikes but haven't heard anything. :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I've heard that Honda will stop producing the RC51 because it's disjointed and doesn't handle for shit. Not only that, but the poor showing at this years WSC has put a nail in the coffin. If you have one, hold onto it and keep the mileage down, it will be a collectors item soon.

P

·
0 Posts
tigerblade said:
I do like the U.S. color scheme a lot better than the mostly-red version though. :)
Not me, I prefer the red one. Now if our version was all silver, that'd be a different story.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow, the size and angle of the exhaust can along with some minor graphics makes a huge difference! I'll take the US version thanks. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
not the us pic

In2Deep said:
Wow, the size and angle of the exhaust can along with some minor graphics makes a huge difference! I'll take the US version thanks. :)
The pic you posted is just a computer generated guess, not a real photo. It is not the photo of the 2002 RC51. That is what they were guessing the 2002 SP-1 (overseas version of the RC51) would look like, thus the SP-2 on the fairing.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Larger throttle bodies are being used resulting in about 4 more hp. Does anyone have any idea what the US version will look like yet?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm sure you guys know now but it's the same as the other years... The only difference is the windscreen.

Ian

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just got back from the dealer show - Same paint, a little longer swingarm, a taller windscreen, and a few more ponies. Shut up.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Dude, if it's a V-twin, the color doesn't matter to me....I'd ride it if it were pink! :D .....Man, is the rain ever going to stop today!?!:mad:

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
748 abuser said:

Then it must still be a horribly disjointed, ill handling piece of shit.
Nope, the new windscreen fixes all of the handling whoas. :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts