Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through so old threads and saw a link to this site http://www.pocketbike.com/ and wondered if anyone has one. I think they'd be a blast terrorizing the neighbors or taking them to a gocart track.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

S

·
0 Posts
I was considering buying one.... But bought beer instead. :)

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

S

·
0 Posts
Did you see the videos ??? Check out the monster wheelie video !!

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

S

·
0 Posts

------------------

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out this little guy

My little girl would go crazy if I got her one of these. Of course it would be mostly mine :D . Actually with a top speed of 65mph and the wheelie ability they're probably pretty dangerous for kids. I sure would have loved one though.

------------------

Clark

·
Registered
367 Posts
Rug Burn won't get one of these things, He would be afraid that his wife will get on it and beat him thru the curves :D It would be the perfect size for her, too.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good one Tuna Boy :D

------------------

Clark

·
Registered
503 Posts
ive been trying to get people into those for over a year now.. everyone thinks they are cool but they dont want to buy one. i dont see why not.. u can set up a whole race series in a parking lot & race a whole season for the cost of a bike & gas.. u dont even need leathers (if u run the smaller horse power motors).. jeans & a thick shirt & roller hockey pads plus your helmet.

u want to see america dominate world racing.. start on pocketbikes & flat track bikes then when they turn 14 or so put em on a 125 then by the time they are 18 they could be on 125 or 250 world gp bikes... valentino rossi started this way too.

------------------

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have a couple of good go-cart tracks around here and I was just wondering if they'd allow a group on these to ride the track. They usually have two groups; the really small go-carts that anyone can ride, then the bigger IRL looking cars for the adults. Maybe I could go early in the morning on a weekday for some track time. The wheels are spinning now :D . Come on over Speed, we'll get a circuit started.

------------------

Clark

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Man, I would love one of those things! Doesn't Competition Accessories sell them? If I could get my friend talked into it, we'll get one and endurance race it! :p

------------------
"I never had a cavity until I went to the dentist." -ex girlfriend's mother

·
Registered
292 Posts
Check this link out:
http://www.teamcalamari.com/

A friend of mine raced in that series for a while. He said it really helped him learn to slide on pavement. He also said it was so fun because you could go balls out and not get hurt when you crash. There's plenty of YSR racing out there. Maybe these other bikes could compete as well. I've seriously thought about getting an old YSR50 just to thrash on.

------------------
"You must be fast 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you"

1999 Blue/White YZF-R1: 2 Bros. C4 exhaust, Dynojet jet kit, timing tricker, dyno-tuned by Graves
2000 NBM/Lt Oak int/Blk top C5 Convertible - MN6, Z51, Vortex Rammer, A&A Exhaust, C/R X-pipe, Corsa tips, !CAGS

P

·
0 Posts
Along the lines of what Mashuri said, I think that for gaining useful experience as an adult, the YSR bikes would be a better route to take. Mainly due to the size of the bikes. I'm 6'1", and I had a really hard time fitting myself onto one of those pocketbikes (on the showroom floor). Even my 6 yr old son dwarfed the thing. I'm not knocking them though, I am sure it's great fun.

Clark, you mean rent-a-cart tracks? There's a cart track in Katy built for league racing, carts and the YSR bikes. It's a really cool little track, and it's a lot of fun to watch the YSR races. Made me wanna get a YSR.

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited September 08, 2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
Also cheap!!

------------------

1 - 15 of 15 Posts