Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sat. Nite.

Hey
What is it that goes on up at Cycle Access. I live in Green Cove and have heard a little about something on saturday night, as well as the clover leaf at Butler and Southside and also a road off off Pritchard Rd. where there is racing on Sun. afternoons.
A good ride down at Keystone is 214 off of SR100 . It goes to Interlachen and Grandin, a nice hilly and winding road that has been newly paved.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Keystone guys

Hey Bird, you're not that far from us!Theres three of us here in KH that get together regularly and we're quite familiar with 214 as well as the run from Grandin to Interlachen ( new pavement ) We recently hooked up with Mark (Sportbikes.ws) Theres quite a large group of Sportbikes up in OP! A bunch meet at CAW on Blanding on Sat. nights,just hanging out watching squids get tickets! among other things. :) You just missed a ride with some folks from Starke ( 11 total ). We headed over to San Mateo (to eat ) then up to OP to CAW. Some guys I know from Starke are planning a ride this Sat. afternoon to Crystal River in search of a road that sounds ideal for us Sportbike types , about 6-7 miles of twists ( supposedly ). Anyway ought to be fun! any excuse to ride is what I always say! :) Hope to meet ya' Bird! btw I ride an F4i and my buds here in Keystone ride a 'busa and a ZX-9R.

Do you have a Chatterbox?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Crystal River

I have been down that Rd. and it is sweet. There is a nice place to eat towards the end of it, but they only take cash, no debit or credit, so be ready if you plan to eat at that spot.:D

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
MMF4i

Yeh....will have to hook up sometimes, sounds like fun.
Every sunday morning I get out the map and search out
roads that might be fun. Let me know about Crystal River,
unfortunently its my Saturday to work. :mad:
I have been reading and looking into a chatterbox. Maybe
you could give me some pointers on them. :)

Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re:

Yeah I'm working also but I'm hopeing to get off early enough to go. As far as the chatterbox all I can say is I love mine! I'd been thinking about getting one for awhile and then I got talking to Mark about it and he talked me right into it. No regrets! even though I'm new at using one I can already see their many advantages, warning someone ( or anyone behind you ) of a road hazard, cops, upcoming turn, "I gotta' stop to pee, get gas, something wrong w/ my bike",etc...Get tired of all those funky hand signals! It really adds an entirely new dimension to your group ride. I think I've talked a few of my riding buds into getting 'em. Found the best price at www.alphasports.com.

Be safe, we'll hook up one of these days.........Mike

ps.. If you get one don't get the super-duper one, get the HJC-FRS Multi-sport 2 channel with the 2 mile range, works great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts