Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anywhere to look up good reviews, or anyone have any good opinions on any special kinds of sportbike tires?
will be for a 2003 yamaha R1 (cousin)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Have been having good response from the Bridgestone BT 010 & especially the BT 014 & think my 010 will be replaced by an 014 as some of the other tyres on my three sportbikes.

·
Registered
610 Posts
so many previous posts on this..

give avon a try.. they seem to be alright..

just depends on how ya ride, what ya like..

·
Registered
604 Posts
....kinda like.....

...tires are kind of like news shoes.....you just never know how they're going to work until you've worn them a few times!:D I'm doing alot of touring this spring and summer, so I have switched from Dunlop 208ZR to Dunlop D220's!! Talk about an interesting feel! I've been very impressed so far! I haven't lost as much as I thought I would!:D

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
docta_freeze is so right. Here I am with Metzeler MEZ-2 no longer made, Michelin Sport & Bridgestore BT-010 & 014 on my three bikes. The Michelins are stock from a new bike in August of '04.

So pretty hard to make a compairson of a make ESPECIALLY as some keep on changing designs as much as once a year. You go through a set of tyres a year & there you are on the same make only their latest design, so hard to say which is the best, besides to one that rides track days a lot to others that only use the road to hwys & to those that ride basically flat straight roads to those that ride roads with a maze of twists in them NOT to mention types of bikes to in many cases how we ride our bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts