Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy of mine has to take both wheels of his gsxr 750, and needs ideas on what to do with the bike, once the wheels are off. he doesn't have a stand or a lift. can he take the plastics of and put a block under it and rest it on the exhaust pipes, or will they bend. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
why doesn't he just unbolt the exhaust so that the bike sits on it's frame rails? I don't think it's a very good idea letting the weight of the bike rest on the header pipes. it doesn't take much to cause a dent or crack in the tubing due to it's thin wall design. If he doesn't want to do the extra work of taking off the headers, try letting the front end rest on the fork legs and block up the swingarm on both sides. just make sure it's stable. Good luck! There's my 2 cents...:2cents:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Is there a sturdy roof overhead? if so, hang it from the cieling.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Buy stands. You can get a good pair of Handy stands for $112 shipped. Just google Handy stands. Stands are a must if you plan on doing most of the maintenance to your bike. It's a pain in the ass to lube your chain without a rear stand!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Unas_the_Slayer said:
Buy stands. You can get a good pair of Handy stands for $112 shipped. Just google Handy stands. Stands are a must if you plan on doing most of the maintenance to your bike. It's a pain in the ass to lube your chain without a rear stand!!
+1. The price you'll be paying for replacement parts when your bike falls over, which it almost certainly will, is more than the cost of the stands...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts