Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got one? im thinkin about it, since i go up north skiin and snowboardin all the time, i would love to have one to mess around with in the evenings! if you know of anyone, im lookin like around a grand or so, and ive found a few pretty nice ones for around there, but not a lot locally, like illinois n stuff...i also would prefer to trade up my dirtbike for one (plus give cash) if anyone wants that or knows sum1 that would. thanks

nate

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
almightys said:
I have a 2002 Arctic Ct ZR 800 EFI Cross Country Edition
studded, 10" carbides, clutch kit, Race Exhaust Can, Remote Resivoir shocks all just rebuilt, HD preload springs, cover and other extras. and its fast
PM me if you are interested
Shit, for a grand I''ll take that off your hands steve. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i have a 97 Cat ZRT 600 i'm getting rid of. it's quick and done up all nice, but have to get 1600 for it. let me know if you're int...
even if your not, i'm big into sleds and i'd be happy to answer any questions.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I don't know ANYthing about sleds, but I did see one for sale on Commerce Road just east of Union Lake. It was a Arctic Cat F6? If you want to know more, let me know and I'll take a closer look at it. It's only a mile or so from my house.

Jen

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sure that soudns good....i have to sell my dirtbike first, and then im gonna buy one. i found a 98 polaris 600 triple for $1300, but i hear they have some cam probs someitmes....not what i wanna get into....but for that price, i think he will take $1000 so....

almightys how much do you want? cause i think that's gonna be a little pricey for me, im lookin for $2g or under

jjk email me some pics [email protected]

kawigirl...sure check it out, and you can pm me or email me the price, condition, and their phone number, dont go out of your way but if its not any trouble that would be great, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Neller0414 said:
sure that soudns good....i have to sell my dirtbike first, and then im gonna buy one. i found a 98 polaris 600 triple for $1300, but i hear they have some cam probs someitmes....not what i wanna get into....but for that price, i think he will take $1000 so....

almightys how much do you want? cause i think that's gonna be a little pricey for me, im lookin for $2g or under

kawigirl...sure check it out, and you can pm me or email me the price, condition, and their phone number, dont go out of your way but if its not any trouble that would be great, thanks a lot!
Did you drop out of school? :confused: 5 days ago you were selling your dirtbike for school funds :huh:

Not that I really care, just observing :thumb:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
jjkGURU said:
i have a 97 Cat ZRT 600 i'm getting rid of. it's quick and done up all nice, but have to get 1600 for it. let me know if you're int...
even if your not, i'm big into sleds and i'd be happy to answer any questions.
neller you should jump on this the ZRT's are fast, but this generation just doesnt have the suspension to be a mogul basher

but for under 2 g your not gonna find that anyway

and Polareeeuss??? WTF is that. By that for your girlfriend or your grandmother

and an F6 forgettaboutit. if you can find that for under 2g you better buy it and keep a sheet covering it cause the real owner is looking for it still. LOL

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha yeah i was sellin stuff for school money, but i ended up selling my streetbikes for pretty decent, and honestly ive always wanted a snowmobile, and now that i got that quad its kinda pointless to have my dirtbike sit around...so i figured if i could sell it for 800 bucks or so, and pick up a snowmobile for under $2g i would still be just dippin into my money from sellin the bikes. also i go back to work in 2 weeks (for kettering co-op) and i ended up getting a cheaper apartment then i thought i would, plus i got a raise at work.

so yeah but i cant really get a snowmobile until i sell the dirtbike....

yeah and i dont wanna get my @$$ kicked at some bar up north cause some dude thinks i stole his f6, good point

polaris....i didnt think they were that bad but what do i know? i was told to go for yams, cats or doos n e ways...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yeah, and i buy and sell stuff like no college student you have ever seen....i think that i would actually have to get a dealer license if i sold another car this year (i think its 5 in a year and anymore you need a license) but thats not including the 3 streetbikes, 3 dirtbikes, and jetski i have sold....haha, im addicted thats my problem, honestly...

so dont show me somethin real cool, cause if i see it ill probably buy it, and sell something else of mine

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Neller0414 said:
haha yeah i was sellin stuff for school money, but i ended up selling my streetbikes for pretty decent, and honestly ive always wanted a snowmobile, and now that i got that quad its kinda pointless to have my dirtbike sit around...so i figured if i could sell it for 800 bucks or so, and pick up a snowmobile for under $2g i would still be just dippin into my money from sellin the bikes. also i go back to work in 2 weeks (for kettering co-op) and i ended up getting a cheaper apartment then i thought i would, plus i got a raise at work.

so yeah but i cant really get a snowmobile until i sell the dirtbike....

yeah and i dont wanna get my @$$ kicked at some bar up north cause some dude thinks i stole his f6, good point

polaris....i didnt think they were that bad but what do i know? i was told to go for yams, cats or doos n e ways...
IMO

Polaris mke a good solid sled. nothing bad about them and nothing that great either. older indy triples like the 600 have crank prob's. No polaris is a mogul masher

Yamahas are just that "Y"
enuff said LOL. shitty suspension on older ones, motors sound cool but dont go anywhere. very narrow and tippy

Arctic cat or Skidoo strong, cant go wrong, just alot of beat up stuff out there. the older ones ar ok just not much suspension. Best your gonna get is a nice lake rocket. You might not have the same issues I do with old sleds as I usually beat them like they owe me money. just make sure the track still has lugs, no studs pulled through, check the carbides on the skis to see if they are still there, see how many times you have to pull it over to start the engine then add three more pulls cause it will just be your luck once you own it, look closely at the shocks are the shafts pitted or rusted (if yes they are shot/junk), pull the plugs see how rich they look, everything else is pretty basic

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i really actually want jjkguru's, it looks real nice....but i just gotta pull together money now! haha

thanks for the tips, i was plannin on an arctic cat or ski doo...that 97 zrt600 is still soundin pretty sweet....

someone buy my dirtbike!!!! haha

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i found a dude thats got a 96 vmax 600 for $1300 obo....i could prob get that for a grand too....is it worth it? or just spring the extra cash for that zrt that jjk has? cause that sounds like a daaaaaaang good deal...i could take out a loan if i really wanted....hell or put it on one of my credit cards haha! u take credit cards jjk??

J

·
0 Posts
Neller0414 said:

CAM PROBLEMS?..... You go to Kettering?..... No cam in a polaris two stroke G
I had an XLT and rode it to the grave... Reliable until you crack the jugs loose... Then it's a time bomb... My brother may be selling his 02' XCR800 in the coming weeks.... I heard a rumor about a big doo thats gonna be in the garage...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i honestly know nuthin about sleds....i thought it was a 4 stroke....and thats just sumthin i heard anyways. but now that you mention it, i remember hearing about the new "4 strokes" coming out, so i guess most of them would be 2 stroke then huh? :confused: maybe they said crank probs...i dunno i was at a bike shop today and talkin to them about it cause they got a 97 vmax for sale up there, but thanks ne ways :twofinger

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
sure i'll take your credit cards! lol

i've been staying quiet because of my possible involvement in this trasnaction, but i can no longer do so. so here is my :2cents:
first and foremost, i'm an arctic cat guy, so i'm biased but i'll tell you why. older 3 cyl sleds (late 90's - early 2k's) are all tanks relative to brand new sleds, but that's what your wallet dictates and they're still fast and fun as hell. yama's front shocks were crap, and some were outside the sled making them very easy to bump trees and such with. all the vmax motors were heavy didn't have much hp. plus i personally didn't like the way the drove. skidoos around the same year feel even more tank-ish, but their motors made some good hp, so they are pretty quick. i hated their trailing arm front susp as they were prone to have massive amounts of inside ski lift. they also had plenty of crank bearing problems. never a polaris fan just because they always seemed medoicre (sp?), but they are fairly relaible and decent suspension. the motor is mid-pack on power. they pioneered the baby-triple (600cc triples) era with their indy xlt special, but never stood out in the 600 class after that. cats have always had some of the best hp/cc motors (thanks suzuki) and starting in 97 they got long travel suspension that was decent in the back. inho their a-arm front sus has always been the best avail in the handeling dept. their 600 twins felt (and were) way lighter then the triples, but in the hp dept - not even close.
now i will get off my soapbox and be prepared for the finger from just about everybody...

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
jackdrinker said:
I heard a rumor about a big doo thats gonna be in the garage...
You'll have to give me your address first, I can't take a dump in your garage if I don't know where you live.

J

·
0 Posts
I cant agree more... The last five years have been the absolute best for Cat motors even though the bad rap, thats what they get for tuning to the edge..
The REV platform, I love.. It feels natural to me....

If I had to buy today, the Yamaha Nytro would be it....
I've been raped once to many times at 3am on two smoke oil, a plug here and a plug there...

One thing about the V-max.. It will start every time and that all that counts for a play sled...

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
jjkGURU said:
sure i'll take your credit cards! lol

i've been staying quiet because of my possible involvement in this trasnaction, but i can no longer do so. so here is my :2cents:
first and foremost, i'm an arctic cat guy, so i'm biased but i'll tell you why. older 3 cyl sleds (late 90's - early 2k's) are all tanks relative to brand new sleds, but that's what your wallet dictates and they're still fast and fun as hell. yama's front shocks were crap, and some were outside the sled making them very easy to bump trees and such with. all the vmax motors were heavy didn't have much hp. plus i personally didn't like the way the drove. skidoos around the same year feel even more tank-ish, but their motors made some good hp, so they are pretty quick. i hated their trailing arm front susp as they were prone to have massive amounts of inside ski lift. they also had plenty of crank bearing problems. never a polaris fan just because they always seemed medoicre (sp?), but they are fairly relaible and decent suspension. the motor is mid-pack on power. they pioneered the baby-triple (600cc triples) era with their indy xlt special, but never stood out in the 600 class after that. cats have always had some of the best hp/cc motors (thanks suzuki) and starting in 97 they got long travel suspension that was decent in the back. inho their a-arm front sus has always been the best avail in the handeling dept. their 600 twins felt (and were) way lighter then the triples, but in the hp dept - not even close.
now i will get off my soapbox and be prepared for the finger from just about everybody...
:twofinger there, you happy :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts