Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just wondering if anyone else gets called a (insert action hero name) whenever they roll up on their bike due to their gear? So far, I've got Robocop, Power Ranger (the Black One), and some more that I can't remember, the most frequent being Power Ranger. Not that that's a bad thing, since I could care less what my gear makes me look like if it saves my skin (I like my skin...). And I've always wanted to be a Power Ranger anyway!

·
Registered
15 Posts
funny you should bring this up. A few days ago I went for a ride and it was just a bit too cold for a jacket and jeans, so i wore my full track gear. I got stopped at a traffic light and young fellow rider pulled up next to me. I could tell he was looking at me and when i turned to look at him he gave me a look like I was stupid and said to me,"what are you supposed to be . . . a power ranger! Stupid a**". I couldn't believe it! Here was this dumb squid, Wearing a large and bulky starter jacket, tennis shoes, mechanix gloves and no helmet, Calling me stupid!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi twp187-

I heard it was too cold for jeans and leather jackets down in West Palm Beach, Florida last week. There was a cold snap and it dipped all the way down into the 70's!

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I have red Sidi's so I am always getting the comments. But that's pretty key since it guarantees that I'm seen. The graphic'd helmet also always got comments, yet another indication of my visibility.

Gear has two values:
1) Improved safety for skin and bones.
2) Increased visibility.

The latter is a reason I'm not a huge fan of black gear.

·
Registered
233 Posts
kanwisch said:
I have red Sidi's so I am always getting the comments. But that's pretty key since it guarantees that I'm seen. The graphic'd helmet also always got comments, yet another indication of my visibility.

Gear has two values:
1) Improved safety for skin and bones.
2) Increased visibility.

The latter is a reason I'm not a huge fan of black gear.
I was thinking about getting all black gear because I have a black eeer "Raven" R6, but Ive decided to go black with a lot of red to "stand out" for that particular reason.

To hell with them if they call you a power ranger, your saving your skin!

·
Registered
74 Posts
One of my good friends calls me "Master Chief", refering to the nameless Halo character. The only reason he calls me this is due to the fact that we are both halo 2 addicts and always find an excuse to bring it up in real life. My actual armor doesn't resemble master chief very much, but because of the thick padding and all black helmet and gloves I do somewhat resemble a goofy futuristic soldier. I'll try and post a pic of my gear later on today... maybe my baby will be in the backround too....:drool:

...oh and I and almost forgot! I've been called "space explorer" on a few accounts also...lol

·
Registered
609 Posts
My buddy with a Harley, who doesn't wear gear beyond fingerless gloves and his leather jacket when cold, will say something like, "you putting on your rubber suit?"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, don't hate on Floridians for having a 12 month riding season!
But really guys, It got all the way down to 45 the morning of our ride, but by mid-day the weather was AWESOME!

·
Registered
892 Posts
this lady in one of the RV parks we stayed in call me the "robot" due to the icon timax gloves with the titanium (hope thats spelled right) knuckles.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Matrixman, I love the idea! I am now the Masterchief (but don't worry, you can still be too)! Sweet! Now I just have to tell all my friends...

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are being seen and are protected, who cares what people think.

Here is some good reading for those who don't like to wear all their gear. This guy should have slowed down, but the outcome may have been different with ALL his gear.

http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=27101

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
duessel said:
I get called terrible names.
What an a$$clown :rolleyes:

:twofinger

1 - 20 of 31 Posts