Sportbike World banner

Any ideas

8K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  ochoa0042 
#1 ·
I have a 00 Yamaha R1, I live in calgary, Alberta.....up here there are so many red R1's that I am getting sick to my stomach. I am looking for a completly custom set of plastics for my ride. Any ideas on where i could go to get a custom set or any ideas for a paint scheme that would be completly original??

Your help is greatly appreciated

#4 ·
yamaha=god said:
do you know any web sites i can look at to get some ideas for paint?
It really depends on what kind of paint you want. Do you want a race replica or something completely original w/ lots of graphics? Do you want a chameleon paint or a standard solid color?

#6 ·
Blue Jays said:
Hi YG-

Save the money and just sit tight for a few more years. Enough people will wreck their 00' Yamahas that you won't see too many red ones on the road anymore. I can ride practically forever without seeing another pristine Honda CBR 600F2 like mine.

~ Blue Jays ~
Ditto. Part of the joy of my FZR is it's the original (still high gloss) paint. I love the fact that half the people can't figure out what it is, and then the subsequent shock when they find it's a 91.

#7 ·
Ok, Here it is the best place to get paint done other than me down in the AZ (hehe) is this place called BK designs, they do a lot of custom work (promo stuff) for the Superbike Team I was managing. Incredible creation and design. we had them airbrush a helmet with women in bikinis and you could actually feel the bumps of their nips when you touched them! And you would touch them cause they looked so good! Incredible though from Motorcycles to Gear they do it all. They are out of Canada as well.. You can see the helmets I spoke about @
www.bkdesigns.net

#9 · (Edited)
Here is how I painted my 00 R1 I too wanted something different, it had been wrecked, I repaired all of the damaged plastic and dented tank, all of the graphics are air brushed on there are no decals on the bike

Before

If you go to my web site you can see lots of examples of bikes that we have painted there is also a section of race replica paint jobs to look at, there are also a lots of bikes that we painted under the examples section at the top of the page under finished bikes. I often tell customers to look at the picture sites out there and get a good idea of what you like and don't like,

This might give you some ideas anyway..Bob
http://empiregp.com/

#11 ·
Looks good. Glad you posted. I was just trying to remember the website. May need to send some pieces to you.

#13 ·
ice_carver is another mc@bike character.... probably even him too :finger:

last post 2006 before now....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.