Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone at my work is selling a 1996 Polaris 750 for 3500.00 with Trailer/ I know I can get him down to 3000.00. It has 74 hours on it. Is this a good deal? Is 74 hours alot for this model/year? Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 2 '96 Wave Raiders both with approx. 180 hours on them. We dont ride them very often so I would assume they are in pretty good shape.

Checkout www.kbb.com for a price on used watercraft.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Dont bother... for one polaris is eh... not the worst but not the best. Me and my aunt went in on a '97-98 Yamaha Waverunner, forget how many hours, around 120 maybe? Paid$3000 for it and trailor. Had a few problems but nothin I couldnt fix (I didnt have any experiance on motorcycle / waverunner engines either).

Like anything else, shop around. Check for oil leaks, find out how much oil it burns per outing, and check the cables (accelorator trigger, reverse/drive cable (connects to the "water exhaust" which directs the water in order to propel you forward or back.)

Which ever you decide on their a blast, enjoy!

Kyle

·
Registered
458 Posts
Re: Lake Lice...

HondaNut! said:
PWCs are Fun As Hell!!! For about 15 minutes.

That just depends on how creative you are with it... take a 4 ft breaker head on at full throttle, get tossed 5 feet in the air, land it. then the fun might last for about 30 min...

like bikes however chicks dig em, and they wear bikinis on waverunners :rolleyes:

Kyle

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Re: Lake Lice...

HondaNut! said:
PWCs are Fun As Hell!!! For about 15 minutes.
EXACTLY what I was thinking! I'd get one if I lived right on a lake or beach, but not otherwise.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Yep, you're right... ~30 minutes with waves

All we ever did fun with ours was sit at Dana Harbor and hit the waves coming in. I'll admit, it is a blast to do occasionally, but other than wave jumping.... YAWN

AND, if you wanna jump, buy a Kawasaki not a Sea Doo! I busted a couple of motor mounts (due to poor design for jumping) and they replaced them under warranty once, but told me that if it happened again, it would be on me. The waverunner never had a problem with the abuse.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Re: Re: Lake Lice...

Kyle said:

like bikes however chicks dig em, and they wear bikinis on waverunners :rolleyes:

Kyle
True, but you have to wear a vest the whole time too :(

·
Registered
458 Posts
And he makes a good point:(

·
Registered
860 Posts
just go to your local walmart and buy a really big inflatable raft that can hold about 600 pounds cut a hole in the bottem and put some paddle tires on your bike and cut a hole up front so you can use the front tire to stear with and TADAAAAAAA..... you have your own jet ski...

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts