Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got a new bike (havent had one for about 5 years) and was wondering if any one had any suggestions as to some good rides in the area?
Thanks

·
Registered
866 Posts
if your in coral springs then there is not much around here, my bike is still down so I can't go exploring as of yet. if I was cruising just in a car then I would just hit a1a and go north through boca, its not real fast and no tight curves but its very scenic, there something about the way the trees that line the road turn it into a cool tunnel, anyway its a nice cruise. if you need a quick twisties fix you can head to the park of industry on the northwest corner of sample and coral ridge dr, go on sunday and it wil be empty there are a couple of those caution 15mph turns that would be cool. just make sure you go through there once or twice to clear it for road hazzards and cops.:eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions! A1A is pretty nice, and i have already explored the industrial park =). I was hoping to find some group rides, or people interested in going for rides. When i had my ducati There were a lot of people that i rode with from the local ducati shop, but i havent keep in touch with them unfortantly. We use to go to fudruckers on friday night, which i doont know if people still do, saturday night we would go to miami or palm beach, and sundays we would ride up around lake ochobe (or how ever it is spelled) and in to palm beach, or go down to chrome ave to some bbq resturant. so if anyone now of other rides or is interested in coming up with some others please let me know!

·
Registered
866 Posts
well if your just looking to cruise and have a good time stop in at dynasty cycle on wiles rd between coral ridge and coral springs, next to reddy teddys. its a harley shop but they do maintenance on jap bikes also. just stop in and hang out, the lady who runs it is karen, she is super nice. they go cruising all the time or know people who are, mostly harleys but hey if your on 2 wheels then your ok with me. if I ever get my bike going and learn how to ride again I'll cruise with you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try going down US 27, i use to ride with a big group of guys with Hayabusas, zx12's, and some Yamaha's as well. We would usually go down US27 and down some country roads.

Let me tell some of those country roads are awesome! I love the twisties some of these roads have to offer. Just be carefull and wear max protection, cuz most guys that run around there ride hard!

There also some nice roads to top out your bike

laters

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ducati Racer said:
Try going down US 27, i use to ride with a big group of guys with Hayabusas, zx12's, and some Yamaha's as well. We would usually go down US27 and down some country roads.

Let me tell some of those country roads are awesome! I love the twisties some of these roads have to offer. Just be carefull and wear max protection, cuz most guys that run around there ride hard!

There also some nice roads to top out your bike

laters
your speaking of snake road but those country roads have gotten real shity with pot holes. the best bet is to head west on I75 to exit 14 and just hit snake road with out riding thru the country roads. then you also have Fud Ruckers on Friday nights off Sunrise Blvd & US1 and Fudruckers in Miami off 137 Street and US1 on Thursday nights. and theres also a large group that get together on US27 at 0800 and just spend the morning racing up and down US27 around mile marker 43 north bound.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I always like taking a sunday ride through parkland (Watch for Cops) and North Springs. Like Westview Drive (north Of Wiles) Its a nice a little ride. We do group rides on Friday nights down to Fudds. If you want to join up just let us know. Also on the weekends, A lot of riders go to the MSF course at Ft. Lauderdale Stadium. Its a nice ride on the weekends, from Sample to Lyons South. East on Cypress Creek (Mcnab Rd) to one light west of Powerline. Then head south to the stadium on the right. I think on that little road is one of the best s-turns in FL for Motorcycles...Enjoy the ride

www.msf-usa.org

The More You Know, The Better It Gets

·
Registered
866 Posts
how ya doin msf. I may be coming to your class in the next few months. anyway don't you find the westview drive a little short, I went to stoneman douglas high 1 block away from there, actually I now live on wiles road just past lyons where it dead ends, the road I'm on actually has a couple of curves that are fun, but do a pass first for cops. actually when you dead end at my complex make a u-turn and your first right onto a street, back there you will find plenty of curvy roads to enjoy. I'll be speaking to you soon. I'm sure I don't need to tell you but make sure you have working turn signals when in coconut creek, the cops get real bored here and pull over people for anything they can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all, a friend of mine took me out on his bike a while back and we went through a couple pretty good roads in Davie. One of them had the speed humps. Man was tht fun! If I hadn't had experience as a jumper (horses, that is) I would have fallen off the back of the bike, came about 6 inches off the seat. There's a road back there by the old dirtbike track that is closed down, not really sure just where it is, I can find out though.

·
Registered
866 Posts
actually you are required to have them, if not you have to do hand signals and no one ever does, so you will get a ticket for that in coconut creek, also in springs and parkland, keep watch, my parts finally came in today so I get to go try and get my bike running again.:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
SilentNEKO said:
how ya doin msf. I may be coming to your class in the next few months. anyway don't you find the westview drive a little short, I went to stoneman douglas high 1 block away from there, actually I now live on wiles road just past lyons where it dead ends, the road I'm on actually has a couple of curves that are fun, but do a pass first for cops. actually when you dead end at my complex make a u-turn and your first right onto a street, back there you will find plenty of curvy roads to enjoy. I'll be speaking to you soon. I'm sure I don't need to tell you but make sure you have working turn signals when in coconut creek, the cops get real bored here and pull over people for anything they can.
Good Point, Neko. Westview is sort of short, but it is a fun little ride to take. Im glad to hear that your taking the Course, make sure you ask for me (Dave). About the turnsignals, if your motorcycle was made with Turn Signals, you must have them and they must work. NEKO is right, Creek can be a bunch of jerks, same with Springs and Ft. Lauderdale. On another note, I went to Douglas also, what year did you graduate?

Keep the Rubber Side Down

www.msf-usa.org

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well MSF I should be in town on friday, If that is the case, I wouldn't mind going to fudds. Where do you meet up? I live just off the sawgrass and coral ridge dr, so i am pretty close to you.
Email me or post back here.
Thanks Ron

[email protected]

·
Registered
866 Posts
hey msf, I just need to save up the cash for it, maybe ask for an early x-mas present:D , I graduated in 99, by that time the school had sunk more then 10 inches:) . oh and the pool on the roof got a water slide. it seems there are quite a few of us in the area, do you guys ever stop in at dynasty cycle on wiles next to reddy teddys. I know I mentioned it before, its a harley shop but they are real nice people and don't care if you just hang out. I'd say lets start a meeting place in springs some where but the city will have a fit. we tried to do that with a car club years ago and the cops always hasseled us, all we were doin is talking about cars, really.

·
Registered
49 Posts
SilentNEKO said:
hey msf, I just need to save up the cash for it, maybe ask for an early x-mas present:D , I graduated in 99, by that time the school had sunk more then 10 inches:) . oh and the pool on the roof got a water slide. it seems there are quite a few of us in the area, do you guys ever stop in at dynasty cycle on wiles next to reddy teddys. I know I mentioned it before, its a harley shop but they are real nice people and don't care if you just hang out. I'd say lets start a meeting place in springs some where but the city will have a fit. we tried to do that with a car club years ago and the cops always hasseled us, all we were doin is talking about cars, really.
I miss that pool on the roof....I gradutated 94, first four year class of MSDHS. I got out of there before the real sinking happened...Ill have to stop in one time at Dynasty Cycles. As far as the meeting place in springs goes, Let me see, Checkers was done, Taco Bell was done, and Dairy Queen was done....The key to a good meeting place is Food and large parking area..Don't worry about the cops to much, I normally ride with atleast one CSPD and one CS Dispatcher :D I cover my ass...Think of something good, I wouldnt mind meeting up at Power Toys on 441 just south of Sample, big parking lot, but no food. I can talk to the owners and try to arrange food....Or we can hit old trusty Taco Bell on University. Give me some Ideas, we will start a poll...Remember something, where ever we decide, I can tell all the MSF instructors and riders where to meet, it will get big in no time...

Ron, You live pretty close, im in Turtle Run. Wiles and 441. We normally meet up at my place then meet up with a few more. Sometimes we go 15 or 20 large, but this weekend coming up it probably will only be about 5 or 10. Ill E-mail you the details...If I forget (have tendency to do) email me at [email protected]

www.msf-usa.org

·
Registered
866 Posts
ok power toys is right down the street from me, actually you are too, I'm at wiles and lyons. power toys is ok, but no food right there, the taco bell in springs would be cool as long as the cops don't mind, I still gotta get my bike running before any of this, stop in at dynasty tell them kevin with the honda told you to stop by;) what about the subway/dairyqueen area in the publix shopping center at coral springs dr and wiles?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I wonder you may have known my sister msf, do you remember a loud girl with curly brown hair named jessica lefkowitz, I think she graduated in 95? and yes shes still loud;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, We usually get a nice group on Sunday morning and hit snake rd or a few other locations. Just found this site. Looks good so far.

Yo Rene, Whats up bro, Haven't seen ya in a while/

·
Registered
14 Posts
LeonTLR said:
Hey guys, We usually get a nice group on Sunday morning and hit snake rd or a few other locations. Just found this site. Looks good so far.

Yo Rene, Whats up bro, Haven't seen ya in a while/
not much havent been riding much, trying to sell the 98 GSXR so i can get a 2001 GSXR600 for a track bike. you still heading to deals gap in Oct.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts