Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
OMG That's CRAZY!!!! I can't believe she's doing that to him. I really can't believe the courts ruled in her favor either! I'd be pissed.

Jen

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Look at how many guys get screwed over in the US after paternity tests show they are not the father.....but still end up paying for the kid till they are 18....

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's why I'm hanging on to my little wrigglers, I ain't donating a thing. Things might be all rosy in the beginning but they don't always stay that way.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
It's fucked up, but look at it logically... If your nation's children are the sole responsibility of the mother, whose national earnings are well below men's earning, how can you expect those children to get the comfortable upbringing they deserve? Not to imply that a single mother can't raise a healthy child, we know that's completely untrue. However, there are a lot of children and mothers out there that struggle everyday because the father is nowhere to be found. It's a message to all those deadbeat "fathers" out there who make a baby and take off. Step up, be a man, and raise your kids!

In the case of this man in Sweden, he should have consulted an attorney before agreeing to be the donor. I feel for him, but if he's a man there should be a place somewhere inside him that feels responsibility for these 3 children of his blood. In other words, when it comes to your babies it shouldn't be about money or inconvenience.

bass boss said:
Another case of people who screw up and then refuse to accept responsiblity for their mistakes. If she can't afford to raise the kid, she shouldn't have one.:2cents:
Good point. And why isn't the ex-girlfriend on the hook for raising these kids? She was 50% of the kids' parental structure.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slaintedan said:
It's fucked up, but look at it logically... If your nation's children are the sole responsibility of the mother, whose national earnings are well below men's earning, how can you expect those children to get the comfortable upbringing they deserve? Not to imply that a single mother can't raise a healthy child, we know that's completely untrue. However, there are a lot of children and mothers out there that struggle everyday because the father is nowhere to be found. It's a message to all those deadbeat "fathers" out there who make a baby and take off. Step up, be a man, and raise your kids!

In the case of this man in Sweden, he should have consulted an attorney before agreeing to be the donor. I feel for him, but if he's a man there should be a place somewhere inside him that feels responsibility for these 3 children of his blood. In other words, when it comes to your babies it shouldn't be about money or inconvenience.

:confused: this hardly seems relevant to this particular case.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don'e see how he is a deadbeat dad?

·
Registered
21 Posts
He did what many other guys out there have done, so should every man that has donated sperm have to pay child support because the woman's relationship didn't work? Sounds more to me like a deadbeat second mom. She was the starting parental figure, she should have to pay. Or maybe gay couples that have a woman carry a child for them should go after the mother for child support. What do you think the courts would rule on that? The two woman knew the responsibilities they would have, so because she is female she can avoid it? The man doesn't get a choice.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Eskimoe663 said:
He did what many other guys out there have done, so should every man that has donated sperm have to pay child support because the woman's relationship didn't work? Sounds more to me like a deadbeat second mom. She was the starting parental figure, she should have to pay. Or maybe gay couples that have a woman carry a child for them should go after the mother for child support. What do you think the courts would rule on that? The two woman knew the responsibilities they would have, so because she is female she can avoid it? The man doesn't get a choice.
+1

Figures, don't it! Did a favor and got bent over for it. :(

·
Registered
577 Posts
the man didn't make a "direct deposit" so he shouldn't pay shit.
:2cents:

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Eskimoe663 said:
...Sounds more to me like a deadbeat second mom. She was the starting parental figure, she should have to pay...
Absolutely on the money (no pun intended). :thumb:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Eskimoe663 said:
While I agree with most of what you said, I disagree with your last statement... The mad DID have a choice. Unless he was "milked" at gunpoint. :dunno: However, this does make a strong argument for contract law. Always get it in writing, especially nowadays 'cause people can (and will) sue for anything and everything.

·
Registered
317 Posts
obviously I am not an attorney, but I have heard of cases where the paternity of a child has been challenged and proven that the assumed male in the relationship is not the father. With that said, because the guy was dupped into believing that that was his child and assumed the role of parent, he would have to continue to pay child support besause his role as a parent has been established. So why shouldn't the other female partner in the relationship be held accountable?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Dan,

Usually I agree with your rantings, but I fail to see why you are taking the stand you are taking on this subject. Hit a little close to home? You had some issues with where your boys ended up?

Only think I see wrong with the scenario, as described, is that he signed a document stating that he was the father. I'd like to see more info about that document, and the circumstances surrounding the execution of it.

It's a message to all those deadbeat "fathers" out there who make a baby and take off
I don't think this guy "made" a baby. He provided the genetic material required for someone else to make a baby, and was probably compensated for his services. The two mothers performed all the rituals of making a baby. If you "make" a cake, but use a Betty Crocker mix, who owns the cake? You, or Betty Crocker? Does the milk company or the eggs company have a stake in the cake as well?

I do agree that this logic falls apart on this scenario when this dipshit signed something saying he was the father. His only hope is to fight it from a contract law perspective; that there was not a meeting of the minds, and this was not his intention in signing the paper. Furthermore, during the original transaction, he performed all of the obligations required of him, handing over the genetic material (unless the contract left it open ended).

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
+1 Kevlar

Maybe it was just a contract between all of them and nothing legal was written up....more like a good faith contract between friends.

This subject made an argument on another board. I posted this on a parenting forum and they were saying that this is why they should allow gay marriages. I don't know if I agree with that but I can see their point. Any thoughts on that?

Jen

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
...I posted this on a parenting forum and they were saying that this is why they should allow gay marriages. I don't know if I agree with that but I can see their point. Any thoughts on that?...
Gay marriage? No.

Gay commitment ceremony? Go for your life.

FTR, I don't believe that same-sex couple should be given access to IVF or adoption.

·
Registered
265 Posts
cookeetree said:

FTR, I don't believe that same-sex couple should be given access to IVF or adoption.
Why? I don't know many, but all of the gay people I have the pleasure of knowing are much better people than some other straight people who call themselves 'parents'.

What you are implying Cookee is that a person's choice of lifestyle and sexual preference makes them a second-class individual, and not allow them the right and happiness to a child because of that preference.

So what if a person is gay? Why is that such a threat to them being an effective parent? What does it matter to you?

FTR, a child has the right to be loved, protected and nurtured by their parent(s), irrespective of what lifestyle that parent(s) chooses.

The problem with this world is that despite the fact most 'claim' to preach diversity and acceptance of all types of people, the sad reality is that a large percentage of people in the world just can't handle anything too radically different to what they see in the mirror.

And that's so sad. :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts