Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between Dunlop D207 sportmax, ZR, etc. Are they all the same tire. Different places call them different things. If they are different which ones do I want. Thanks

------------------

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The Dunlop D204s were called Sportmax IIs. The D207 replaced the 204 with the ZR being the street compound and the GP being the race compound. I just put a set of 207ZRs on my RR and they're awesome!

------------------
"It's better to be dead and cool than to be alive and uncool." -Harley from Harley Davidson & The Marlboro Man

P

·
0 Posts
Here's what I think. There are three types of D207s available: (1) D207ZR Sportmax, (2) D207 GP Stars, and (3) D207RR (race radial). I still see D204s for sale everywhere, so I didn't think they had been replaced my the D207.

I would have to say that the D207ZR and D207 Sportmax are one in the same. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. My new D207ZRs say Sportmax as big as day on them.

------------------
Pete
-Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
has n e body tried the new rr's? i havent even seen them but am very curious.

why, if they have the same name d207, are they different profile.. the gp & stars are taller (for better cornering) & the zr are rounder (better milage, stability, etc..)? i think they should be 207 & 307 or sumthin. i would like a street compound tire in a taller profile.. i really dont like the 207's.. i dont have much confidence on them (maybe cause i wrecked em).

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i haven't seen the rr's either, i'm surprised the stars haven't been out long.

anyway, i think they name them all 207 because joey f4/r6/gsxr/6r sees hayden, hayden, yates, bostrom win on their bike with 'dunlop's extrordinary d207's' and they want the same tire the pro just won on. even if they're totally different.

it's why chevy, pontiac and ford race in nascar even though those cars have nothing in common with the ones on the street.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

·
Registered
503 Posts
good point.. i am a little more intelligent than super squid though & i would like a tire that has a better profile.. im gonna try something different soon.

------------------

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Just thought I would add to the responses.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>D207 = model
<LI>Sportmax = just a name for the tire
<LI>Z = 150+ MPH Speed rating
<LI>R = Radial tire
</UL>

------------------
You get the best thrills on two wheels!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally found the best deal for my F4. I am getting a set of D207's from Motorcycle Access. Wharehouse for $183.95. Front-$80.95 Rear-$102.95 Seems to be the best deal if anyone else is looking for a good deal. Thanks for all the input.

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts