Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I havent posted in awhile(since i sold my bike) but i have to vent. Another friend of mine died this weekend. Along w/ 3 riders here in tucson. My friend was going about 125 and came into a turn to hot got on the front brake stood the bike up and slammed into a wall. He was wearing full leathers, helemt, etc. but why are people useing the road like a race track. I admit there where plenty of times i took turns at 3 times the posted speed limit. But when my best friend died right in front of me i learned alot from it. I thought for sure that my other friends would have woke up. I guess not. There is a time and place for that stuff and the street is not the place. Sorry if im going off but i am just upset. My hope is that everyone here can learn from the mistakes of others so that we dont make the same mistakes. I understand that there is a need for speed every ONCE AND A WHILE but if it happens alot than you should be taken track days where most of your mistakes arent FINAL. Please be safe out there.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Shit, piss, mother****, damnit. :(

Anyone us guys up in Phoenix might know?

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I feel you Mike - I'm right there with you. The odds will
catch up with you. I know that all too well, you can only
cheat death so long before he gets pissed and takes you
anyway.

·
Registered
503 Posts
living in colorado where it was 4 degrees when i left for work this morning i guess that things like this dont happen. but then i here about vypir & now this & realize that some of the country is still riding... for those of u lucky enough to ride in the winter.. lets try not to make it so we dont have to read these things.. in other words.. be carefull.

hey mike.. glad to see u r still around.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
robert - you may know him he was a tech at our honda dealer here and rode a 929. He raced alot as well.

speed- Thanks man. I am on here every day i just dont post to much anymore because i am not riding anymore but i still love bikes and read about them every day

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Mike:
I am truly saddened by what has happened.
My deepest sympathies for you and the family members.
You are quite correct..there is a time and a place for everthing.......these deaths and injuries should be a wake up call for ALL motorcyclists:BE SMART & BE SAFE!!!!

JIM

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. I really feel for you buddy. I hope everyone here takes it a little easier. Even though I have never met anyone here personally, I like you all and don't want to see anyone get hurt. My sincerest condolences.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Mike,

I know how you feel brother. Lost two buddies the same day and it's tough. We're all here for ya' when you need to vent though, and I know you'll come through it unscathed in the end. Give my condolences to family and friends.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friends. It does seem to have been a real bad year for accidents. My prayers go out to the family members. Ride safe all. We only have a short time here and need to appreciate every minute...

·
Registered
101 Posts
katana600 said:
Mike:
I am truly saddened by what has happened.
My deepest sympathies for you and the family members.
You are quite correct..there is a time and a place for everthing.......these deaths and injuries should be a wake up call for ALL motorcyclists:BE SMART & BE SAFE!!!!

JIM
My condolences and I agree with Jim. Take heed all you wannabe racers the street is not the place to play. If you have to go fast, do it the right way, go to a track, take some classes and learn from the pros.

Have fun and ride safe,

Marc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts