Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was contacted today at work by a representative from STATMedEvac about getting GTR to participate in another helmet safety awareness ride. A few of the folks that I come into contact with at work on a regular basis are assisting the STATMedEvac staff in organizing a ride. STATMedEvac will be plotting out the route and will also be supplying a few giveaways for the riders. (They are not sure if it will be T-shirts, hats, or the like.) I spoke with one of the folks who is responsible for planning the event and was informed that it is still in the early stages of planning. I will have some input in assisting in the planning of the event, so please feel free to present any ideas that you may have. (Try to be reasonable.)

As of now, they are looking at a Saturday (or a Sunday) in the later part of this month or the beginning of next month. There may/may not be an early registration to provide the staff with an idea on how many riders there will be. They insist that we must keep our clothes on for this ride, and state helmets are mandatory and protective gear is encouraged. As of now, they are talking about a 100 mile ride, possibly between a few of the Base Sites operated by StatMedEvac.

I work with the staff at STATMedEvac each and every day at work and I can ensure you they are a great group of people. They are a group of extremely dedicated, highly skilled professionals that perform nothing short of man-made miracles. They are the people out in the field that will attempt to save the lives of those unfortunate motorcyclist who choose to not wear helmets, and I think a statement coming from them about helmet safety is a quite a statement. I hope that GTR can assist them in making that statement, and I see this as the opportunity to promote both helmet safety and GTR as an organization.

I will let try to keep everyone interested on the details as they are made available to me.

-Bill

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm in...the longer they wait...the colder it gets...a 100 mile ride when it's 30 degrees out won't be too fun. That will almost be as cold as riding naked when it's 50 out. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
425 Posts
The colder it gets, the more padding I can put on my butt so I can hang :D . I'm in.

I just need to eat some more Krispy Kremes so my butt is padded enough for a 100 mile ride! :drool:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
100 miles is not too bad, and if we go by the Cranberry Base Site it is right next to a Krispy Creme...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bill, count my poser ass in on this. inside tip for ya, team promotion will be at beaver run on oct 4th and 5th, so you might lose a few riders to that. let me know the details of this.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crammer1977 said:
Bill, count my poser ass in on this. inside tip for ya, team promotion will be at beaver run on oct 4th and 5th, so you might lose a few riders to that. let me know the details of this.
Thanks for the info Jeremy. I will keep you up to date...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
o|||||||o said:
Damn man, I am trying to seriously promote this. It is a really good cause... and you go and bastardize it!
I guess you have never gone and bastardized a serious thread. Do not point the finger, unless it is golden!!!!:twofinger

·
Registered
459 Posts
I am in for this as long as it is not the last weekend of this month.
cause I am going to the rat raid.not like some of you other triumph riders. except teabagger. p.s. if you keep eatin at krispy kream your ass's will be like 4 axe handels wide.

·
Registered
425 Posts
MADBUSA2002 said:
Is that humanly possible. I thought he was on a diet?
He meant me, and no it's not humanly possible for me to be on a diet:D .

·
Registered
425 Posts
something about jumping into a conversation without looking at the beginning. My bad.

·
Registered
425 Posts
MADBUSA2002 said:
something about jumping into a conversation without looking at the beginning. My bad.
:twofinger

·
Registered
459 Posts
R6CycleGal said:
He meant me, and no it's not humanly possible for me to be on a diet:D .
you dont want to get to big an ass. then we wont flirt with you any more.and if we stop flirtin jeep cant get jelious.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
They should give away a HELMET. Get a shop to donate one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Do you really need a helmet. I thought after 50 you would be pretty safe unless you start chasing twenty something chicks dad?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts