Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The DKW trivia posted by Tony was great but not many had a chance to play as it was solved almost immediately.
I hope this one will last a bit longer ;)

Aris

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
it reminds me a lot of an early honda gp bike like the one below.

however, the v-twin design is all wrong. i think.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tony.
It's not a Honda obviously, as they didn't make a V until much later.
Look at the exhaust pipes, as the engine needs equal length of pipe to achieve the best output, they ended up looking really unequal :D
This bike has a really revolutionary engine for the time, and it was quite successful, but it didn't achieve the success of the Hondas.
In fact it was not contemporary with the Hondas, it came up just after Honda withdrew frok GPs ( hint ;) )
Take a closer look at the frame used, it seems that Ducati mechanics took a really close look at this frame before they built their spaceframe for their twins.

Aris

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
ariszr7 said:
Hi Tony.
It's not a Honda obviously, as they didn't make a V until much later.
Look at the exhaust pipes, as the engine needs equal length of pipe to achieve the best output, they ended up looking really unequal :D
This bike has a really revolutionary engine for the time, and it was quite successful, but it didn't achieve the success of the Hondas.
In fact it was not contemporary with the Hondas, it came up just after Honda withdrew frok GPs ( hint ;) )
Take a closer look at the frame used, it seems that Ducati mechanics took a really close look at this frame before they built their spaceframe for their twins.

Aris
aris, one thought i had was a moto guzzi. the bikes are impossible to find on the net to verify (at least with my search engine abilities).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi Aris,

You have found yet another very challenging trivia. :)

Just one (short) question this time. Was it made in 1969 ??

Andy

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Tony, it's not a Moto Guzzi, sorry.
Andy, the answer is YES, it was made in 1969, and it seems this challenging trivia ;) is going to be found shortly....
I tried to make it difficult for you guys but this guy Andy is something else :crying:

Aris

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andy, I knew you had found it when you asked if it was made in 1969 :crying:
Congratulations, you are the trivia master :cool:
This was a truly great bike, and if the development had continued the MVs of the time would be in trouble instead of sweeping the world championships one after the other.

Aris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts