Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which slip-on would I want to go with that will give me a decent midrange power boost, look good, but not cost me too much money?

One of my friends told me Yoshimura (That's what it's called right) or Vance & Hines. Does he have a good idea?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I posted a similar question in the "How To" section a while back. I received some very informative responses. What I learned from it was that if you are looking to change exhaust in an attempt to gain performance, you probably aren't going to gain any real noticeable changes. There may be some full systems (headers, pipes, and cans) that will open it up a little bit, allow it to breathe better, and provide a few more ponies and torque. But mostly it will provide aesthetic and aural qualities only. Good luck with your choices.

Here is the link to my post:

Exhaust quesiton

L8R.........JB

·
Registered
109 Posts
slowrat said:
slip on = just noise

Thank you, you probably won't notice any difference in a slip on. If you want HP/TQ gains go with a full system. All the slip on dyno's I've ever seen only add 1-3 HP. It's all about being noticed and if thats the case buy the one that you think looks and sounds the best for your bike!

Ride Safe!

·
Honda Moderator
458 Posts
You guys that think all slip-ons are created equal are 100% totally clueless. I hate to be the prick on this, but you could do us all a favor & just refrain from spouting off incorrect information just because you happen to think you know it all... There are alot of riders here that read these posts in an effort to increase their personal knowledge & if you are just making unsubstantiated claims without any proof whatsoever then they are being mislead & will just end up being further confused.

I'm not going to retype all the info I have posted numerous times, but if you are serious about learning something factual then read the following thread. Don't just skim over it, read it & pay attention to my posts & the dyno charts I have posted & then come back & tell me that slip-ons are only for noise.

http://www.sportbikeworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=23895

1 - 8 of 8 Posts