Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, New guy from Orlando area in Florida. Just bought my first bike today. Picked up a 06 Gsx-r 600. Already signed up for the Msf class and cant wait to start riding.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

Did you pick up some gear while you were at it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HJC Full face helmet, alpinestar jacket and gloves. An experienced sport bike rider friend of mine came along to help me out in getting a good bike and proper gear.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
No offense, but he didn't do you many favors in helping you pick out a first bike. Glad to see you got gear and are taking the MSF course. For your sake, I hope you're an exception to the statistics. Good luck!

·
Registered
338 Posts
No offense, but he didn't do you many favors in helping you pick out a first bike. Glad to see you got gear and are taking the MSF course. For your sake, I hope you're an exception to the statistics. Good luck!
Yea I couldn't have said it any better, time will tell and do hope you were born with the ability to ride or at least not make any grand mistakes.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

And congrats on gettings some gear (not all of it ;) ) and proper training! Enjoy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just thought i would check in, Been a bit busy as of late with work. Almost 2,000 miles on the bike in roughly a month and 1/2. Took the Msf course, and found it to be very useful. Took a nice trip down to Ft. Lauderdale from Orlando, almost 3 hours each way- That was fun. been able to keep my self out of trouble with only a couple of close calls due mostly to other drivers not paying attention. Cant seem to stay off the bike,every chance i get i am on it.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Glad to hear you're still in 1 piece Porkchop. Good call taking the MSF course. You haven't scratched up that purdy Gixxer have ya?

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Glad to hear you're still in 1 piece Porkchop. Good call taking the MSF course. You haven't scratched up that purdy Gixxer have ya?
:barf2:
:twofinger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts