Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new here, and in the process of picking up a ZX-7 for real cheap ($1000). It hasn't been riden for over two years, so I'll have to work on getting it started and back to my home.

I'm buying the bike from a friend, so I can trust what he tells me about the bike.

I haven't ridden since I was 19, and I'm almost 32. I stopped riding after losing my best friend in a motorcycle accident, which almost took my life as well. But after all these years, I still miss it so I decided to get some kind of bike I can work on / fix up.

Anyways, enough of my sadness :).

Just wanted to introduce myself, and find out if anyone knows where I can begin looking for parts my soon to be bike. It's a 1994 Kawasaki ZX-7 and its going to need a new chain, plugs, filter, carb cleaning, battery, mirrors (both are broken), etc. Please let me know which web sites I can find stuff to fix this bike up.

Thanks,
DJ
aka dedjer

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Welcome back to riding, and welcome to SBW! :hello:

Wish I could help you but I don't know much about Kawi's. I've heard the Kawasaki web site does a good job of listing the part numbers for each piece of the bike, but i've never used it. :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome ! If you haven't already tried, eBay is a wealth of bike parts - many very cheap. A lot of folks who lay their bikes down part them out and you can pick up some good deals. Glad ur getting back into the sport!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info and the warm welcome.

I forgot to mention that I use to ride a 1991 Suzuki GSX-R 750 which had Vance & Hines headers and a Stage 3 Jet kit. It was a great bike, and if I had the money to get another bike, it would probably be a Suzuki (The Hayabusa).

I checked out eBay today, there's a ton of stuff for the ZX7. I'll have to start shopping once I get this bike started. :)

DJ

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Just make sure you take it slow getting back into it. It'll take a little while to get the skills back up after a 13 year hiatus. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spicersh said:
Just make sure you take it slow getting back into it. It'll take a little while to get the skills back up after a 13 year hiatus. :)
thanks for the advice, and i'll definitely take it slow. hard to get an accident out of your mind, even after 13 years of not riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts