Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. I seem to be addicted to adrenalin!! right now I have a Mazda MX-6 (My MX-6 Website) that I race off and on. A couple months back I raced a bike and got SMOOOKED! In a bad way! I decided right then and there I want a bike I have only rode a Honda 250 dirt bike like maybe twice so I am completely new to bikes. I have been doing some research and really don't want to kill myself :D I really like the Yamaha YZF600R. is this too much bike for me? I must admit one of the deciding factors is the look and style and Yamaha takes the cake in that department IMO. Any links, support, or direction would be appreciated. Today is my birthday and my wife said I can get a bike hmmmm what to do.:D

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hiya!!
Welcome to SBW!!:)
For some folks a 600 is too big a bike to start out on... We highly recommend newbies take the MSF course...
The bike you like is a real nice ride...

Let us know how you do....:)

JIM

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
katana600 said:
Hiya!!
Welcome to SBW!!:)
For some folks a 600 is too big a bike to start out on... We highly recommend newbies take the MSF course...
The bike you like is a real nice ride...

Let us know how you do....:)

JIM
I agree with the above and also you may want to test ride a few bikes to get a general feel over a range of engine sizes. Welcome aboard and safe riding. :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
The YZF 600R is an awesome bike, but consider a used bike for your first ride. That way you won't care too much when it flops over in the parking lot!:D BTW: My friend's first street bike is the 600r, and he loves it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts