Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had some trouble finding the email that allowed me to activate my account (yahoo put it in the bulk folder), but I finally found it. In that time I've been reading, reading, and reading the forum - great stuff all around.

Anyway, I live in the Charlotte NC area and am a fairly new rider. I started out, and always will, riding like everyone is out to kill me. I've been pulled over on 5 times already (one was my fault when I first started b/c I was in their blind spot) and have had about the same amount of cars start to pull out in front of me. It's not like a ride an all black bike (completely oposite actually) or anything...just stupid cages not paying attention.

'glad to be a part of the forum! If anyone lives near me (Cornelius, NC) shoot me a PM or email and we'll go riding!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After readin the thread about the guy breakdancing in front of the police officer I've started coming to a complete hault at stop signs. Besides that, my riding hasn't changed in the past week or so since I started. Starting out riding like everyone (every cage) is out to kill you is a good starting point I think.

I've caught myself a few times wondering how my jeans look on my leg (no leathers, I know, I know, but $$$ is an issue for me right now) but I've resisted even looking down b/c doing so is just retarded. You've got to be on your toes for sure when riding. The few times that I've looked away from the road I've regretted doing so almost instantly when I look forward again (damned hot chicks in convertibles are the main reason!). Yesterday I had a VW pull over on me, today I had a Buick try to race me (yes, you read correctly, a Buick!) on the highway, and the list goes on. Although while riding east on hwy 150 I did run into a ZX10R today and hung with him until the main drag stops. I thought about asking him if he was a member of this forum but he got stopped in traffic a lot earlier than I did.

Wow, this has become very long. I'll stop now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts