1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Damn, he got bent over:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Berfore I bought my bike I looked on ebay. I would only bid on a bike that was close enouogh for me to personaly pick up. I could never get myself to send a check on a bike site unseen and hope that they ship the bike. There are just too many scam artist out there waiting to rip off good people.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would never buy a bike w/o looking at it.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
i bought two cars online. never sent a payment till i was there to pick it up.
one worked out wonders, and served me for many years untill the insurance company decided i shouldnt have it anymore,
the other was a nightmare, it looked well, but had more problems then i cared for, the owner obvously knew it, and tried to get rid of it as quickly as possible.
just goes to show ya i guess.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've actually had really good experiences on ebay... Sold my mustang to a gentleman in New Mexico. He paid for it through a wire transfer, flew out to Jersey and drove it home.

Then I bought my bike from a nice guy from Tennessee. Could have gone wrong, but as long as you do your homework you'll be fine. And on buying the bike sight unseen... I've had numerous shops tell me its the cleanest 98 they've seen in a long time. So basically I got lucky i think, but like stated above, buyer beware, do background checks, and realize that risky deals usually have higher payoffs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts